• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales Lockdown beach (Aberavon)

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Aberavon is the only open beach I can really fish at the moment due to restrictions in place.
The Dogfish are in! Kept me busy, and hoping for a thornback in between them today. Didn't happen though.
Stopped counting after number 10 lol!
Fished 3 down to low, 2 up. Last hour went very quiet.
IMG_20201016_100759.jpg

Lol .......at least you can count on dogfish to save the blank. Nice to be out I am sure. Target next time

Tight lines mate

Did you have your lad with you? I bet he loves catching 'mini sharks'!

Should eat them not put them back. Best way to reduce their numbers.
Hopefully I might get one or two on Friday down at Amroth . If they are any size they will definitely be coming home with me . One of the nicest tasting fish in the sea, shame about the skin:(

They're not so bad but skinning them is a pain. Same as rays. I was told told that if you pour boiling water over them you can scrape th skin off which sounds easier. Never tried that though.

They're not so bad but skinning them is a pain. Same as rays. I was told told that if you pour boiling water over them you can scrape th skin off which sounds easier. Never tried that though.
It kind of works, I always remember my nan doing it that way. The boiling water removes all the scales (or denticles in dogfish case) not the actual skin and partiality cooks them.

It’d be great if the LSD (doggie) had a commercial value, even just to ease pressure on the other species.
I skinned a few, way back when. Rolled in seasoned flour and fried it was very good.
if the local oriental restaurants got wind of them, maybe they’d be shoulder to shoulder after them rather than little schoolies and mackeral.
It would just take a couple of the TV chefs to demo how tasty a doggie is and they’d soon be extinct !

Back