• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Looking for an early sole.

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Decided to head up Channel into the mud on the end of the last set of neaps. Tides were far from ideal but the weather was perfect. I picked a spot out in the mud, with a nice little channel that looked very promising. I guessed I would probably get a couple of hours before I was pushed back up to the grass banks. Just as the water had filled the gully, a good bite produced a nice little bass, as I was returning it the other rod dropped slack. Bite missed! Quickly re baited both rods with fresh worms, and lobbed the 20 yards or so into the rapidly filling gulley. Litterally 2 minutes later, slack line again this time resulting in a plump sole of around 1b, no sooner had I landed the fish, the other rod dropped slack and another bigger sole on the bank. This continued for a manic hour or so, before I found my self pushed 80 yards or so away from where I started and the fishing was done. The fish were big framed but in typical early season condition, wafer thin, but pleased to have beaten the 2lb barrier so early in the season.

Nice one Squiddy! I suspect I have an inkling of the area you went, it’s somewhere I want to try but a long haul for me for a short session.

Back