• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Loseing my mojo and an amazing catch

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Yesterday we fished a club comp up bexington 20 anglers fished 12 till 10 to say it was slow was an understatement I fished hard really really hard differt rigs different distances different baits nothing worked until I had a dog on the very very last cast annoyingly the samilite league set up around us and stated bagging up mr hall showing us casting is everything when chisels like this with double shots of plaice and dogs while the guys fishing it the otherside catching dogs and nice rays the difference was they were hitting 140 yards consistently we weren’t I’m seriously loseing my faith in fishing last year I was bagging up on beach and boat this year I can’t get a break I’m in one of those low points in fishing where wotever I do doesn’t work but I’ll keep at it new rods on the horizon and the east Devon marks should kick off soon feck I hope so 🙁.39487804-40D3-4A41-A05C-9283BD317D88.jpegeven Burt was pissed off

Anyway dureing this dull sesh there was one ray of light my mate turns up late talks shit sets up and bangs out some tiny sandeel on sz 4/0 hooks then comes back to talk more shit while we are yapping we see his rod hoop over he runs back to his rods and we wonder up to see the dog that he’s snagged but wait it’s not a dog as it comes out the surf it’s flat oh nice ray my place quickens hang on that’s no ray it’s a fuckin turbot 😮we quickly grab it and haul it to shore when weighed it went 4 lb 5 oz shore specimen is only 3 lb so a 143 per cent fish 🙏🙏only ever seen small ones snagged so great to see this fish come in he was over the moon amazing catch just shows even when the big beach is being a bitch she can still throw up a trophy fishC1D264E5-E8F1-4773-8A30-CDDED7392DFF.jpegoh and by the way the spiders are in big time we got hammerd 🤦🏻

Cracking turbo for your mate!

Keep your pecker up mate - come up this way for some decent hounds in a month or two!

Spiders? Eugh, that’s chesil best avoided for three months then!

Nice report fella everywhere seems hit n miss round here at the mo. Went out Friday up the channel fish on the last of the ebb and just after low then it died a death. Managed a couple of spotties and the usual dogs. Was busy as feck n all.
East Devon should start soon a couple of walks one the cards then 😅

Great report & photos as always Tats!! 🎣🎣👍👍

Don't lose the Mojo - as the other lads have said, sometimes you can't get fish for love nor money (unless you go to a fishmonger!).
Burt sure does look pissed off - I was going to say that before I scrolled down to see your comment!
Fabulous Turbo for your mate - what a beaut!
Oooh, what new rods have you got coming Bey??

Nice report fella everywhere seems hit n miss round here at the mo. Went out Friday up the channel fish on the last of the ebb and just after low then it died a death. Managed a couple of spotties and the usual dogs. Was busy as feck n all.
East Devon should start soon a couple of walks one the cards then 😅
Long walks bey got a new one to try aswell chould be epic chould be shit we shall see 🤔

Great report & photos as always Tats!! 🎣🎣👍👍

Don't lose the Mojo - as the other lads have said, sometimes you can't get fish for love nor money (unless you go to a fishmonger!).
Burt sure does look pissed off - I was going to say that before I scrolled down to see your comment!
Fabulous Turbo for your mate - what a beaut!
Oooh, what new rods have you got coming Bey??
Still only 90 percent sure of my new weapons soon as I have them I’ll report 👍

Know what you mean mate, fished there Thursday night 6 till 3. Half a dozen dogs usually a couple just after dark, a couple at high then a couple at low don’t seem to be doing anything different than last year but catching less. Chuck in the may rot? jamming up the leader rot every cast it’s hard going! Didn’t have any trouble with the spiders though.
Still love the place though and it’s easy fishing when you’re not too mobile. Hard to choose another venue when you’ve had the odd descent fish from the same spot before .
Hope your new rods bring you luck.

Unlucky on the poor results on the day Tat, ying and yang and that old bollocks, next time mate (y) (y).
Superb Turbo tho🙌🙌, may be thats might the way to go, not trying so hard, sling it out and have a chat:D

Fab turbo that,...that beach can be a bitch 😆....I've not done more than 1 or 2 sessions the last few years down there!.....shame really as it can also be a very special place.
Message me if you want to come up have a session 👍

Yesterday we fished a club comp up bexington 20 anglers fished 12 till 10 to say it was slow was an understatement I fished hard really really hard differt rigs different distances different baits nothing worked until I had a dog on the very very last cast annoyingly the samilite league set up around us and stated bagging up mr hall showing us casting is everything when chisels like this with double shots of plaice and dogs while the guys fishing it the otherside catching dogs and nice rays the difference was they were hitting 140 yards consistently we weren’t I’m seriously loseing my faith in fishing last year I was bagging up on beach and boat this year I can’t get a break I’m in one of those low points in fishing where wotever I do doesn’t work but I’ll keep at it new rods on the horizon and the east Devon marks should kick off soon feck I hope so 🙁.View attachment 42735even Burt was pissed off

Anyway dureing this dull sesh there was one ray of light my mate turns up late talks shit sets up and bangs out some tiny sandeel on sz 4/0 hooks then comes back to talk more shit while we are yapping we see his rod hoop over he runs back to his rods and we wonder up to see the dog that he’s snagged but wait it’s not a dog as it comes out the surf it’s flat oh nice ray my place quickens hang on that’s no ray it’s a fuckin turbot 😮we quickly grab it and haul it to shore when weighed it went 4 lb 5 oz shore specimen is only 3 lb so a 143 per cent fish 🙏🙏only ever seen small ones snagged so great to see this fish come in he was over the moon amazing catch just shows even when the big beach is being a bitch she can still throw up a trophy fishView attachment 42734oh and by the way the spiders are in big time we got hammerd 🤦🏻
Its been interesting lately Tom and I can chuck it especially when we have great conditions but recently the slightly shorter casters have been getting the better fish inc rays.
Its the same old same old over a season having some ability to go long will pay off even if the only time will be in the Autumn in a big sea.
The ability to get 80 yards in a big sea and cross wind means you can fish without getting shingled.
I am sure many people think they can get 80 yards in any conditions but its a hell of a lot harder than it might sound. I agree the fish might be at 40 yards but you cannot put a bait there you will get shingled.
Any which way its worth having a bit of extra range in your pocket, 90% of the time it will make little difference..... but 10% of the time it will pay off!.

Beach angling really can be a ball ache most of the time, but we crack on because we love our hobby. I don't know about the rest of you, but you cant beat sitting/standing on a beach, couple of rods out, flask of Tea, and a few sarnies. Catch or not, i just love it.

Ian.

That’s a lovely shore turbot, superb effort, well in!

Sorry, that is a great Turbot as well. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back