• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

lure fishing in thames estuary

codswallop2021

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
hi all
i am looking at trying some lure fishing from both my boat and shore i fish from the essex coast which doesnt really
lend it self to lure fishing , due to the many sandbanks we have here the water clarity is not great most of the time
however we do get a few weeks in the summer months when the water is clear enough to have a go with lures
i would be mainly targeting bass over shallow water marks , but maybe wreaks in depths of upto 80ft some advise
on which weight rod to go for would be handy ?? and maybe which lures would be best ,either soft, hard, metal , or slow jigs
and could i use the same rod for all of these types of lures. any advise would be great many thanks

hi all
i am looking at trying some lure fishing from both my boat and shore i fish from the essex coast which doesnt really
lend it self to lure fishing , due to the many sandbanks we have here the water clarity is not great most of the time
however we do get a few weeks in the summer months when the water is clear enough to have a go with lures
i would be mainly targeting bass over shallow water marks , but maybe wreaks in depths of upto 80ft some advise
on which weight rod to go for would be handy ?? and maybe which lures would be best ,either soft, hard, metal , or slow jigs
and could i use the same rod for all of these types of lures. any advise would be great many thanks
Don't do boat stuff but it may be worth looking up the Fishlocker on youtube. He has two channels, on one he reviews his gear some of it boat gear.

Back