• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Lure rod

Wolf

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Im looking at buying a lure rod,casting weight 15g max, ,up to 75 quid max price any reccomendations ????

Another option would be the Abu Garcia Tormentor range Wolfie. they do all sorts of length/weight variations in standard or travel Rods.
I bought the heavier 9ft 20 - 60gm for use with metals, and very pleased with it.

6ft 4 - 12gms £36.99:

Or 7ft 5 - 20gms £32.99:

There may be more options - these were the closest two I found at a quick glance!

Wolf, you seem to have posted this thread three times mate... ;)

Ian.

Last edited:
15g max casting weight is quite light, particularly for a 9fter - for comparison my 9ft and above bass lure rods are rated at least to 30g and heavier....

Slightly shorter than 9' (8' 3") but I'm happy with the Savage Gear SG2 Light Game rated at 3-14 g. Wanted a cheap-ish lighter lure rod and found it good value for money. Paid about sixty quid at the end of 2021.

Thanks JohnL the rod your on about sounds just the sort of rod im looking for.
This is the specific one I have but you might prefer something a bit different. SG have quite a large range of lure rods in the SG2 range: medium game, light game, ultra light game, micro game, all in different lengths and casting weights.

1694415331243.png

One of the things that appealed to me was that rods for that casting range tend to be shorter and I was looking for something with a bit more reach.

Back