• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Main line

Shirleycodlin

I am the god of hell fire
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought. With rovex 10x seemingly unavailable, what line have 10x users moved onto?

Just a thought. With rovex 10x seemingly unavailable, what line have 10x users moved onto?
Looks like the 37Lb is available in a couple of places Shirls, depends what breaking strain you need.

I use Asso mono in whatever flavour is available. Norman at Breakaway tackle had a load on offer a while back, and one of my local tackle shops has often got Asso on offer too. I can't get on with Braid on my beach reels, so usually stick to mono around 28Lb.

Breakaway have got Asso, Daiwa & Sakuma lines in stock now.

Diawa sensor used to be good!!!
I still use Diawa Sensor mono in brown colour and not found a problem with it either sea or fresh water fishing. I have jumbo spools of 8,12,15,18 & 20lb depending where I am fishing.

Which flavour you require as have a couple of spools one i think is unused others some of
I use the .35.
I've still got a spool or two left.
My post was aimed at what 10x users have now moved onto as it's unavailable.
What have you got left over???

Haven't we been here before? ?? ??

I was looking around recently for a 10x replacement can't remember where I saw it but someone said Suffix Tritanium is the same line from the same factory just with a different label , not sure if this is correct but definitely read it somewhere.
Pete

I use the .35.
I've still got a spool or two left.
My post was aimed at what 10x users have now moved onto as it's unavailable.
What have you got left over???
Have a gander at the Wychwood DPL? or whatever they call it purple colour pretty good (Will have a root in Shed"Kitchen cupboard" later)
Have some Berkley in solar green which is ok
Been using Colmic line in .30 which is great but none available anymore not produced pity as good.
Another is Aiwa Shima ION have in red tough line fished chesil in storm sea shingle didnt harm it!
Think many of the lines have been changed in composition also maybe to do with chemical laws? or just cheaper? but sufix/rovex isn't same as was before weight/amount changed per spool
Daiwa Sensor takes some beating though comes in orange also now.

Have a gander at the Wychwood DPL? or whatever they call it purple colour pretty good (Will have a root in Shed"Kitchen cupboard" later)
Have some Berkley in solar green which is ok
Been using Colmic line in .30 which is great but none available anymore not produced pity as good.
Another is Aiwa Shima ION have in red tough line fished chesil in storm sea shingle didnt harm it!
Think many of the lines have been changed in composition also maybe to do with chemical laws? or just cheaper? but sufix/rovex isn't same as was before weight/amount changed per spool
Daiwa Sensor takes some beating though comes in orange also now.
10/10 For Diawa Sensor, not sure about the bright colours though.

colmic onda mille. not currently available in the UK but its on back order..... beyond any shadow of any doubt the best long range line ever made.
I have been told theres more to come to the UK and its available from Lonis tackle when it comes in.
Its all we use and I have enough in stock to keep me going a few years.....
Low stretch, low diameter but the best thing is its knot strength.
2000m is 30 quid so it aint cheap but its worth the extra.
I like the light blue colour I can see it properly in the dark.
I have tried just about everything else, the Gardener sure cast was definitely rebadged 10x.
I also liked the awa shima in red it definitely is as tough as it comes scissors dont like it, again super high knot strength.
I think all the lines listed above have merit but we have mega problems with coated lines down here one retrive through the shingle and they go curly, asso hardskins the worst for it.
A lot of what we do is big seas and shingle so low diameter helps in lateral tides and for distance.
If I was happy plopping with 18lb .35 then I think its all much of a muchness and daiwa sensor seems to be much more reliable that the tournament, which was my go to for 20 years!

Hardskin was a real let down considering it came in white which is a great night colour. I bought bulk Viz a long time back and I've a fair bit of .35 10x stashed away in a cool dark cupboard. Also found the solar green Berkeley good so for but tbh I've hardly fished this winter as the codling just didn't happen. I always mic my lines and never trust claims for b/s, abrasion resistance etc until I've tested it for myself

Berkley Pro Spec Saltwater.

Couldn't find any bulk spools of the 10x last time out, and a guy send me a 1000m spool with a pair of magged fathoms that I had bought, so I figured I would give it a try.
I've bought a few 1000m spools since (y)

I seem to remember that Rovex stopped shipping fishing tackle to the UK from Australia at the beginning of the pandemic. Don't know if they are going to reintroduce the brand again when the pandemic is over ?

Back