• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Main line

I bought some Varivas Sport (I think it was?) in 30lb and the stated diameter is .47 but it looked bloody thin to me.

Which wasn’t exactly it’s purpose as I wanted a thicker line to help with abrasion in the rough stuff.

That said, used it last weekend and it bloody flew, shocked myself with the first couple of casts lol.
Otherwise it seemed quite a nice supple line, much better than the Asso Classic I had on there before.

So might be worth a look in the lower diameters?

Gardner line is def worth a look at and very underrated. Their slinky shock and rig body also very good never had any probs with it a lot of people overlook it but like their carp gear it’s top stuff.

Another is Aiwa Shima ION
Have a dozen spools of 600mtr Awa Shima Ion Power Reflector in various breaking strains Gary.Also 2 lots of Awa Shima Ion Power V-Max in 1000 mtrs on 100 mtr connected spools.Excellent line very smooth and supple.

Last edited:
berkley pro spec 22lb, 0.38
suits the fathom 15's a treat

or saukuma nite crystal 18lb on the 6500 and mag extra size reels

never swap between summer n winter line :) , everything stays the same throughout the year

i use asso 15 18 20 lbs lines in 1 kg spools fine it good i use it on multiplier . i do change line a fare bit as ground covered with razor shells .

Back