• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Mappleton, Tunstall or Hornsea?

Ladfromtad

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Morning folks

Hope you're all well.
Just planning Saturday's action!
Contemplating Mappleton, Tunstall, Skipsea or Hornsea.

Fished Hornsea a few weeks ago and had a great day, but fancy trying somewhere new.

Like the look of Mappleton but hear it's a tiny car park and not sure we'd get in?
Done some research on Skipsea and Tunstall.
Don't have any major needs, happy to walk a bit but don't fancy scaling any K2 sized sea cliffs with the young 'un, if we have to retreat from the tide.
Just happy to get out fishing 🎣
Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated 👍

Cheers 😁

Anywhere north would be my choice. Tides are growing so a bit of movement .

Wind is south on Sat so weed may be a problem on south beaches with the tide growing as well.

An easy access beach would be Hornsea South , opposite the boat ramp .Fish between the groins . Free Parking at the end of the road before it turns right.
You can also get fish and chips from Sullivans at the opposite end of the beach 😋.
Another place is Hornsea clock tower which is easy to find and near Sullivans chippy .P&D car park behind the beach.

Mappleton will be rammed no doubt. Skipsea , no idea not fished there for ages .
Tunstall is mud cliffs so choice is yours .

Tight lines .

Dave

Anywhere north would be my choice. Tides are growing so a bit of movement .

Wind is south on Sat so weed may be a problem on south beaches with the tide growing as well.

An easy access beach would be Hornsea South , opposite the boat ramp .Fish between the groins . Free Parking at the end of the road before it turns right.
You can also get fish and chips from Sullivans at the opposite end of the beach 😋.
Another place is Hornsea clock tower which is easy to find and near Sullivans chippy .P&D car park behind the beach.

Mappleton will be rammed no doubt. Skipsea , no idea not fished there for ages .
Tunstall is mud cliffs so choice is yours .

Tight lines .

Dave
Morning Dave

Many thanks.
I'm still learning about weed/wind/tide conditions.
We fished Morrow Avenue and had a great day, so other spots in Hornsea would be great.
I've heard Mappleton gets busy.
Avoiding mud cliffs for now!
Hornsea it is 😁
Much appreciated.
Tight lines to you too 👍 🎣

Being down the far South West, I can't offer much help, but good luck for Saturday! 🎣🎣🤞🤞👍👍

Cheers 😁
Hoping to get down there one day, so will be asking for some tips when I do 👍
It would be good to see you, but as regarding tips, you're probably a lot more agile than me and would be better accessing places I can't get to! 👍👍

Morning folks

Hope you're all well.
Just planning Saturday's action!
Contemplating Mappleton, Tunstall, Skipsea or Hornsea.

Fished Hornsea a few weeks ago and had a great day, but fancy trying somewhere new.

Like the look of Mappleton but hear it's a tiny car park and not sure we'd get in?
Done some research on Skipsea and Tunstall.
Don't have any major needs, happy to walk a bit but don't fancy scaling any K2 sized sea cliffs with the young 'un, if we have to retreat from the tide.
Just happy to get out fishing 🎣
Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated 👍

Cheers 😁

So how did you do , any good anywhere ?
Dave

Hi Dave

Hope you are well.
We went to Hornsea on Saturday, couldn't get parked near Sullivan's, so we went back to Morrow Avenue and walked back southwards.
Good day out, got a couple of flatties, but a lot of weed.
Planning next trip a week this weekend. 🤞
Just written up trip report now 🎣

Back