• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

MENTAL HEALTH / THAT TIME OF YEAR - WE CAN DO BETTER

Very true, however hard drug use really only ends one way unless the addiction is beaten.
But yes of course people can and do get addicted to anything.

I think it’s a matter of degrees though. If you ate cheeseburgers for a month you’d put on weight but no lasting effects.
If you had heroin for a month you’d be fecked without serious help.

I’d have a cheeseburger if offered but I’d never touch anything like heroin in a million years.

I appreciate though it’s down to circumstance, the company people keep, their mental health at the time or trying to numb some trauma, many reasons they can start on the slippery slope.
Point taken fishy but true food addicts, alcoholics etc end up dying way too early as well.

Very true, however hard drug use really only ends one way unless the addiction is beaten.
But yes of course people can and do get addicted to anything.

I think it’s a matter of degrees though. If you ate cheeseburgers for a month you’d put on weight but no lasting effects.
If you had heroin for a month you’d be fecked without serious help.

I’d have a cheeseburger if offered but I’d never touch anything like heroin in a million years.

I appreciate though it’s down to circumstance, the company people keep, their mental health at the time or trying to numb some trauma, many reasons they can start on the slippery slope.
Tel Elvis that, oh no he died from crap food etc. Junkies/smackheads; they get what they deserve imo.

Tel Elvis that, oh no he died from crap food etc. Junkies/smackheads; they get what they deserve imo.
Wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t have a few drugs of one sort or another too, but it’s a question of scale really.
If you or I went onto hard drugs we could easily be dead in a year or two, one way or another.
If we went onto cheeseburgers we’d be unhealthy after that time but highly unlikely to be dead.
And we could stop eating the burgers and not get life threatening withdrawal symptoms.

People can’t just stop heroin or serious alcohol addiction because that alone could kill them, they have to be weaned off it gradually.

What is needed is for the police to stop drugs. It’s their job to protect society from criminals, but they seem content with merely stopping the odd gang here and there.
It’s the knock on effect on society that is the true cost, death, burden on the NHS, crime to pay for their habits etc.
The courts are too lenient, the government are too afraid to build more prisons, the whole system is broken 😡

What is needed is for the police to stop drugs. It’s their job to protect society from criminals, but they seem content with merely stopping the odd gang here and there.
It’s the knock on effect on society that is the true cost, death, burden on the NHS, crime to pay for their habits etc.
The courts are too lenient, the government are too afraid to build more prisons, the whole system is broken 😡
Anarchy is already in the inner cities… areas where the police won’t go.

Imagine a place where young children are used as drug runners.. used to stab other dealers…..and used as lookouts for organised crime… before being pulled into a gang scenario where any thing goes..

Back