• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North West Mersey codling?

Topwater

Reaction score
Afternoon all

Wondering if there's any update on how the marvellous Mersey is fishing, particularlyfor the codling? There was a big match at Mariners up to Otterspool last weekend but I've not found any results/reports on it?

Cheers

Al

I fished Otters 7 days ago, just had a few whitings myself but saw a couple of coddies just insize come out further along .

Pretty poor really on the day, but I have seen reports since than saying that Codlings to about 4 lbs are occasionally being taken from the River .

Dave

Cheers Dave👍My regular fishing partner had to walk a fair bit up river from the park due to the number of match anglers. He had one 2lb codling and the obligatory 'tings. I thought the match results might have told a fuller story.....
What with McKie Charters no longer fishing out of Coburg Wharf my usual source of reliable local info has gone unfortunately 😕

Cheers for that Gonefishing. Unfortunately the results don't mention species just OAL of fish caught

I have a mate up there, with the river 2 mins away...think he had 3 or 4 out a few days ago, and is back out tonight 👍....think 4lb ish was his best.👍

Back