• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast milford on sea 20.1.22

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
FOUR
20.7.22. milford beach. 2300-06

Dry,overcast, hot, light s/w winds

Neap tide , small wave. usual weed but managable

Baits squid, mackerel, blacks

Rigs pully/ dropown.

The trip didnt start well as i managed to stab my lil' finger with my fillet knife when packing
2nd cast was a bit of an over run, while sorting i felt a bite, finished sorting tangle and bought in a small smalleyed ray. so blank sort of saved.

**20220720_233025[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

I guess it was about low tide when i started, as the tide pushed through it got a little weedy but nothing to worry about 5 oz was holding well till enough weed collected to drag it around a bit & being alone on the beach it was n't really a problem.

A pleasent warm night but the lack of bites was irritateing. caught nothing more till just before dawn when i got a strong take and a spirited little fight on whole squid fished close in. hoped for a bass but it was always gonna be just another strap.

**20220721_034104[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Just after the sun rose ebb tide kicked in running strongly from left to right with heaps of weed so it was time to go.

20220721_045433[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Nice report & photos Gordon - The SE Ray was a good result! Shame about the weed. ????

Back