• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Mission Conger 2023/24 – Part 6, the calm before the storm.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
It was proper brass monkeys on Thursday night 🥶, with snow on the ground and a thick layer of frost over my gear within an hour ❄️.

The fishing was very quiet too, with just the usual suspects putting in an appearance and no sign whatsoever of the conger 😢.

Despite that, it was a cracking evening to be out in such stunning surroundings 😉, before it all kicks off later tonight 😳.
View Jan 18th 2024.jpg

Cold feet Jan 18th 2024.jpg

Dog Jan 18th 2024.jpg

Whiting Jan 18th 2024.jpg

Cheers gents (y).

Still catching mate, not been anywhere near the wet stuff yet myself.

You're not missing much mate.

I fished Trearddur Bay beach last Wednesday night, and despite what looked like perfect conditions, I didn't get a bite in 4 and a half hours of fishing 😭.

Having said that, out of maybe 10 anglers there, I only heard of 2 who actually caught anything. As if that wasn't bad enough, one of the guys I spoke with there retuned on the Thursday night and caught a few bass and coalies! 🤦‍♂️

I also fished a club match last night at Pensarn, and we only caught 10 fish between 10 of us 😮. Fortunately, I managed the biggest fish of the night, a flounder of around a pound, to take second place 😁.

Here's hoping for better luck this week 🤞.

Cheers gents (y).

You're not missing much mate.

I fished Trearddur Bay beach last Wednesday night, and despite what looked like perfect conditions, I didn't get a bite in 4 and a half hours of fishing 😭.

Having said that, out of maybe 10 anglers there, I only heard of 2 who actually caught anything. As if that wasn't bad enough, one of the guys I spoke with there retuned on the Thursday night and caught a few bass and coalies! 🤦‍♂️

I also fished a club match last night at Pensarn, and we only caught 10 fish between 10 of us 😮. Fortunately, I managed the biggest fish of the night, a flounder of around a pound, to take second place 😁.

Here's hoping for better luck this week 🤞.
It doesn’t sound like I’m missing much currently, did plan a session a couple of weeks back but I’ve been full of cold and didn’t want to make it worse by going out on a damp and cold night. My fishing buddies that night only managed a whiting, bass and a couple of coalfish. Probably won’t get out this week as I’ve a couple of bits to attend with the kids but hopefully get out next week all being well 🤞

Back