• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Mobility issues

Ridgewoodwoody

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As age and decreasing mobility catch up with me, I’m fjnding it more and more difficult to do the sort of shore fishing I have enjoyed. The beaches in East Sussex are mostly shelved and pebbled making walking back up a tricky and at times impossible task even without carrying your gear. I just wondered if there were any shore marks in East Sussex that had relatively easy access. Appreciation in advance for any help.

Hi Ridgewood
Welcome to the forum!
Depends where in East Sussex you’re at, how about Newhaven west beach? There’s a car park right at the venue, think you could almost fish out the car! Not sure of the parking fees though?
The Buckle on Seaford beach , park up, cross road and your on a pebble beach.
Eastbourne beach? Various parts where you can park on road and cross promenade onto beach.
Any good?

Mushty, Many thanks. I use to go after mackerel at Seaford but as with many other spots it’s the steepish shelving of the beach that can defeat me.

Ah, that’s typical of East Sussex.
I think you’re venue’s are numbered my friend!

Welcome to the Madhouse Ridgewood.
I'm in a similar situation to you, but down in West Devon, so can't help with advice for Sussex.
We do have one shingle beach 90mins away that I can get to with a bit of a level hike, but other than that, I'm now limited to Piers & Harbours.

Welcome to the madhouse, you could always try Eastbourne pier or Brighton marina (west arm) and park in the multi-storey at the far end, only a short walk to the arm. Ignore the parking restrictions as you can park all day/evening if you are fishing.

Mobility issues can significantly impact daily life, affecting everything from accessing public spaces to completing routine tasks. These challenges may stem from various conditions, such as disabilities, injuries, or aging-related issues. Addressing mobility barriers is crucial for promoting inclusivity and ensuring equal opportunities for all individuals. Whether through infrastructure improvements, assistive technologies, or policy changes, efforts to enhance mobility accessibility are essential for fostering a more inclusive society.
What about Shoreham West Arm? Or whatever it’s called.

Not my patch but was reading elsewhere they’ve also just put a new path in to make access easier.

Not my patch but was reading elsewhere they’ve also just put a new path in to make access easier.
The Bot, he did get you! 😂😂😂

I thought you have to be a member to fish either arm (east &west)

I thought you have to be a member to fish either arm (east &west)
No idea about east but yes west I think you do.

Then again if someone has mobility issues and wants half decent fishing away from the mackerel chucking and cider drinking idiots, probably worth paying for membership.

No idea about east but yes west I think you do.

Then again if someone has mobility issues and wants half decent fishing away from the mackerel chucking and cider drinking idiots, probably worth paying for membership.
Fine if you want to go on the long waiting list, the east is also part of shoreham harbour fishing membership. I would try one of the other places I mentioned.

Fine if you want to go on the long waiting list, the east is also part of shoreham harbour fishing membership. I would try one of the other places I mentioned.
Oh there’s a list? No idea, don’t know the area but that’s the only easy access one I knew of in Sussex.

Fair enough but worth the OP having options - he might want to get on the list? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh there’s a list? No idea, don’t know the area but that’s the only easy access one I knew of in Sussex.

Fair enough but worth the OP having options - he might want to get on the list? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I wouldn't bother, I tried for months via a stupid social media site and still waiting for a reply. Think I will be dead by the time they do manage a reply. (n) Also there is a pay & display car park by the river, not the cheapest around.

Try Newhaven at the estuary, you can park and fish from the railings.
Pic attached if the b thing would copy.
Go past the Hope Inn in fort road and there is parking by the railings and the estuary.

I wouldn't bother, I tried for months via a stupid social media site and still waiting for a reply. Think I will be dead by the time they do manage a reply. (n) Also there is a pay & display car park by the river, not the cheapest around.
Oh they’re like that are they? Must be someone you can email or something?

I only mentioned the arm as there was a recent thread in the other place about the new easy access walkway being put in.

Oh they’re like that are they? Must be someone you can email or something?

I only mentioned the arm as there was a recent thread in the other place about the new easy access walkway being put in.
I tried that Fish, still no response so gave up after 8 months.

Yep looking at it @Beach looks like they’ve closed it to new members until further notice.

Few people complaining and asking why they couldn’t increase the membership as hardly anyone on there at night.

Not sure but the Facebook admin might be a certain person as the replies are quite snippy with people and say they’re all volunteers and don’t have time 🙄

Yep looking at it @Beach looks like they’ve closed it to new members until further notice.

Few people complaining and asking why they couldn’t increase the membership as hardly anyone on there at night.

Not sure but the Facebook admin might be a certain person as the replies are quite snippy with people and say they’re all volunteers and don’t have time 🙄
Agree but what's the point if they are too lazy to respond.

Back