• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West More lure shenanigans

Flipper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
My eldest finished one of his GCSE’s so I thought a little R and R by the sea would help clear his head before cracking on with more revision. Off to fish a new mark to us both, a large sandy estuary with lots of current. As per our fishing a similar mark in Kerry, we fished soft paddle tail plastics cast out into the current and bounced down the sandy in the hope we could find a bass holed up and greedily grabbing everything that passed. I was on the Fiish Crazy paddletail eel and my boy was on a SG sandeel, both in a natural khaki colour. It was only a quick couple of hour session, the water was still quite cold and that might not have helped the fishes lethargy. However, I had two fish to the Fiish lure, so swapped with my boy to see if it was the lure or distance that was a decisive factor and he very quickly caught on the Fiish, so assume on the day that lire “matched the hatch” better than the SG.

The fish were no monsters, between 40-45cm, but, quite chunky. All released to grow a bit bigger, in the hope we can get a nice 50cm fish for the frying pan.

Nice report mate. Good to see youngsters going fishing as well... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Great report Flipper - as Wingnut said, good to see the youngsters getting involved. Glad you had a few Bass between you, even if they were slightly too small for the frying pan invitation! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back