• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review More new toys

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Just bought these off a mate for a hundred £ each the 4 lb pollock will be perfect for Lyme bay bream and drifting and the 30 lber will get a work out tommrow chaseing spurs blondes and conger up bc brilliant rods can’t wait to give em a go the 30 lber only been used once😁DFB80B72-5B01-4DE6-B615-A2876F3FB34A.jpeg346F70AD-D851-46CA-9BD1-F2F032F0EFB1.jpeg

You take the piss but my other toys turning up next and it’s shiny and new bet I won’t like it as much as me transit but at least it won’t stall in jewsons and have to get a jump off there forklift when it’s cold 🥺🥺🥺🥺
Ooh, what you getting?

They had the trio up to 20lb and I convinced Steve that a particular heavier blank could be incoporated and make the triology a quadology, simples :) Designed Ian Houltons Pathfinder range as well
Did you design this rod mate ??? That wot your saying 🤔

Excellent rods TJ! They'll definitely serve you well.
I'm far from alone in rueing the day Conoflex shut up shop. There's been talk of others producing from the mandrels, stores of blanks in containers etc etc but nothing has come of it. I even had a light hearted conversation with Stan about forming 'Albaflex' but its not the machinery and tooling, its the McManus expertise thats retired.

Excellent rods TJ! They'll definitely serve you well.
I'm far from alone in rueing the day Conoflex shut up shop. There's been talk of others producing from the mandrels, stores of blanks in containers etc etc but nothing has come of it. I even had a light hearted conversation with Stan about forming 'Albaflex' but its not the machinery and tooling, its the McManus expertise thats retired.
Might be a few blanks still kicking around. I took more or less most of the boat blanks, from memory 140 but they are all long gone. Harrison bought the machinery and mandrills but as you say, you need Steve for the design expertise. Aiden was a wet blanket.

Wee aside lines, Steve phoned me the very last night as he was shutting the factory, about 2200 hrs. Was a bit cheesed off that his final production that day had been a batch of fibreglass shovel handles.

I sold off all my fishing equipment 6months ago due to ill health and no time for fishing lost total interest in it , but I just couldn’t let go of my conoflex rods there is something special about them, they have a feeling that other rod manufacturers don’t have, perhaps one day the urge will come back and I’ll be back on the shingle until then I’ll sit back and watch what happens

Back