• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East More Silver

Action Man

Reaction score
Morning all,

I really wanted to have a crack at the rays last night on the Herne Bay beaches, but I was a little bit put off by the recent reports so I decided to head back to my Bass venue to see if anything was about.

It was a small tide at 4.8m so I knew I would only have a few hours max, and with the wind howling offshore I wasn’t convinced of a bumper evening given there will be a lack of tide run.

Well I was right, it was a very slow night, managed to winkle out a tiddler about and hour from high water. This fell to a 4/0 up and over rig loaded with lug.

13C211B7-AFF7-44E6-A86A-54BF0139BC37.jpeg

Then the heavens opened. Like biblical event rain. Fortunately I had my shelter and I was able to hunker down for 20 mins, it was relentless, and the wind picked up in the squall and I had to hold everything down and not to bother focusing on my rods.

The storm came and went and the wind dropped off, only to be greeted with my right hand rod folding over and the spool spinning with a nice fish taking line.

I struck in, tightened the drag and had a great lump on the other end pulling in the opposite direction. A fair spirited fight followed and soon enough I had a nice bass on the beach. This one went at 55cm and was coming home with me for Saturday nights fish curry.

007A9EF2-27A7-4807-861B-85DF6517A223.jpeg

5F8D2719-175D-4F40-A3CC-DA6290A8A9AE.jpeg

This came about 30 mins to high water, then the rest of the night was fairly slow. I missed a few rattles and a couple of slack liners, but apart from that one scrawny whiting graced my hook.

Packed up after midnight and went home to prep my catch.

Until next time
Alan

Good report & photos Alan! Stonking Bass! ????

Cracking fish Alan! Really well deserved for sticking it out through the storm too! Great pics by the way!

Back