• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Morning All.

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Anyone happen to know where i can get peeler in bristol ways? can only get frozen and ideally want fresh.

If you are after hounds? I can absolutely gaurentee the hounds will not give a flying fig if its either fresh or frozen crab you are using. If they are there they will hit anything crab. In the past week I've had them on hardback, frozen hardback and 3 year old rotten crab from the depths of my freezer. Instant hits as well!

If you are after hounds? I can absolutely gaurentee the hounds will not give a flying fig if its either fresh or frozen crab you are using. If they are there they will hit anything crab. In the past week I've had them on hardback, frozen hardback and 3 year old rotten crab from the depths of my freezer. Instant hits as well!
Yeah i know what your saying. I've always used fresh thats only why lol, never had a hound off hardback tho! very interesting !

sometimes i find they are hooked on peeler, but hard backs, squid rag will score at times , i caught 3 good fish on squid back the end of may at lee on solent. raw prawn also worth a shot, a mate fishes morfa, thats all he used up there. from what he said .

sometimes i find they are hooked on peeler, but hard backs, squid rag will score at times , i caught 3 good fish on squid back the end of may at lee on solent. raw prawn also worth a shot, a mate fishes morfa, thats all he used up there. from what he said .
interesting!, I've put peeler on with squid strips before and caught too but yes prawn and rag seem a good shout! , had 9hrs fishing today not 1 bite. the channel atm is in a right shit state, waters hot , clear in places with visibility to a meter. and just loads of weed about. I'm hoping from next week it will clear up and we can start hitting the hounds properly.

anyone fancy coming along to blackrock? be good to fish with someone apart from the Mrs lol !

interesting!, I've put peeler on with squid strips before and caught too but yes prawn and rag seem a good shout! , had 9hrs fishing today not 1 bite. the channel atm is in a right shit state, waters hot , clear in places with visibility to a meter. and just loads of weed about. I'm hoping from next week it will clear up and we can start hitting the hounds properly.

anyone fancy coming along to blackrock? be good to fish with someone apart from the Mrs lol !
Where’s blackrock mate?

I've only fished off black rock twice, which is odd as I live in Clevedon! I don't like competition while getting onto the reef I guess, quite a busy mark! Good hounds come off there though, and further along at St Margarents Bay (aka Layde Bay, as it's often referred to).

I've only fished off black rock twice, which is odd as I live in Clevedon! I don't like competition while getting onto the reef I guess, quite a busy mark! Good hounds come off there though, and further along at St Margarents Bay (aka Layde Bay, as it's often referred to).
Yeah I’m with you mate. It’s a heavy fished mark and can see why if I’m honest , the rag beds and the reef itself is just a no brainier.

I should give it more attention tbh, but you're right, reef and rag bed sells itself!

Second time I went I was waiting for the gulley to empty enough to cross to the reef, it was dark around 4am and I wasnt entirely sure when it was safe, luckily a black rock veteran was looking to cross himself so I followed him, it was over waist deep for me on unknown ground, not ideal for a short arse following a tall guy! I caught a dog fish....haha. we don't get many doggies though as you know so i wasnt dissapointed!

Ah I see, cheers. Bit of a haul for me but might have to try it one day.

How did you get on today?
I hit brean beach in the end with some rag , flood produced nothing at all but the ebb produced 2 schoolies. , water was very warm still and a lot of weed around. was better than staying at home tho !

Black rock is a good spot, but very slippy, not very comfortable to fish from. I know it's done a few hounds and at least one 3lb plus sole. But it's that kind of venue you really have to put the hours in or live very locally, so you can hit it when the fish are there. I fished the Somerset reefs yesterday, just 1 hound about 9lb and another dropped run, think the weather changes put the fish off a bit. We were getting hounds from Brean beach this time last year ?

I should give it more attention tbh, but you're right, reef and rag bed sells itself!

Second time I went I was waiting for the gulley to empty enough to cross to the reef, it was dark around 4am and I wasnt entirely sure when it was safe, luckily a black rock veteran was looking to cross himself so I followed him, it was over waist deep for me on unknown ground, not ideal for a short arse following a tall guy! I caught a dog fish....haha. we don't get many doggies though as you know so i wasnt dissapointed!
yeah I'm with you mate. the gully is the only place ill fish and 9/10 theres always someone waiting to cross. but yes when i first crossed it i was actually filled with water as i misplaced my footings. was a bit scary tbh as like you I'm very short too lol , but now i know its not too bad! , yes dogfish up there is something we never see so well done ! , a tope was caught there too the other month I'm sure.

Black rock is a good spot, but very slippy, not very comfortable to fish from. I know it's done a few hounds and at least one 3lb plus sole. But it's that kind of venue you really have to put the hours in or live very locally, so you can hit it when the fish are there. I fished the Somerset reefs yesterday, just 1 hound about 9lb and another dropped run, think the weather changes put the fish off a bit. We were getting hounds from Brean beach this time last year ?
yes defiantly slippy lol! i want a 4lb sole but i know how hard they are to catch from there. , it takes me 35mins to get there sits not too bad but again its so busy its not worth it half the time. , was you really ? , thats interesting as i had a 3 hook clipped come back after a run with no hook.. probably a conger tho lol !

Back