• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Morning Mullet

bananas

Reaction score
Had a early start after some mullet in the hope of restarting my fishing mojo, as been pants lately with just the odd Dogfish and Mackerel to show for my efforts.
Well the first hour consisted of sun, shower and loads a tiny Bass, then at 7.30 the spinner was hit and the rod lurched over, a spirited fight with the bugger going all over the place before settling in the net, a 2lb Mullet brightened up the morning, 10 mins later same spot and another 2lb Mullet gave me the run around before netting.
A few more small Bass got to the lure before any thing else could, tried a few different spots but still just Bass, had to wait till just gone 8.30 for the biggest Mullet of the morning to hit, this final one went 2.5lb whish was great fun bringing him in.
After that it just it quietened down with hardly any fish jumping or breaking surface and just the odd Bass nibbling, so with the bells chiming 9am and my belly rumbling, I headed home for breakfast, with a nice couple of pleasant hours fishing under my belt, mojo restored, hopefully!!

IMG_20220703_072530.jpg
IMG_20220703_075920.jpg
IMG_20220703_082540.jpg

Great report Bob! You certainly seem to have got those Mullet weighed off! ????

Back