• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

mushy macky.

eves

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
anybody ever tried stuffing finger bandage with mushy mackerel for bait.

No, but should work, also depends on what you are targetting

i tried it for the first time this week off the pier. my mackerel bait had thawed and was too mushy to use, so i removed the finger dressing i had on protecting a cut pinky (improvisation at its best). pushed some macky inside tied it up and put a 2/0 hook through it. had 3 nice whiting in quick succesion on the same bait. wish i had some more.

In a moment of madness, I bought some finger bandage from the bay of E.
The Fox armour mesh kits are good, but I decided to go for the cheaper option.
I was going to go foraging for some Mussels, Limpets or similar, and make up some bait 'sausages' to freeze, but just didn't get around to it.
Maybe I'll give it a go later this year. There is also the option of buying a cheap selection of fish or shellfish from Morrisons.
Scallop frills are also supposed to be excellent bait, but no idea where to get any.

I know guys on the north east coast use old tea bags. just wash them out and stuff them with mussel crab cart or fish. works great
and the small stuff cant rob it ?? give it a try just tie onto hook with elastic thread i have used it with blown lug to great effect
D.S.J. 🦀
PG?? :LOL: :LOL:

Must be some bloody strong teabags. I'd love to see someone wash one out, fill it with bait and stick it on a hook.
In a moment of madness, I bought some 'Cornish Tea' bags recently, and the bags were 'environmentally friendly' with no plastic.
I would say 50% ot them have broken open in the cup, so no chance of using them for fishing. Seriously considering chucking the lot in the bin.

In a moment of madness, I bought some 'Cornish Tea' bags recently, and the bags were 'environmentally friendly' with no plastic.
I would say 50% ot them have broken open in the cup, so no chance of using them for fishing. Seriously considering chucking the lot in the bin.
Didn't know they grew Tea in Cornwall Dave.. ;)

Ian.

Back