• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales My fav Gower surf Beach

nearly70ty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi Gents
Me and my fishing partner The Fulf fished the Gower surf last night. We arrived over low water, half an hour before it was getting dark There was still a lot of surfers around but as darkness approached they started filtering away. The wind was a light westerly but surprisingly a decent surf around 2 to 2 1/2 feet, with four breakers stretching out 80 meters or so. Water clarity was very good and we spotted quite a few shoals of what we think were white bait in the water. It was a little overcast on our arrival but later it cleared ,out came the quarter moon to brighten our evening. I'm not going to give you a blow by blow description of the nights fishing, but between us we manage 22 bass, a small eyed ray caught on one of the dead baitfish that washed around the waters edge, and a bonus sole. Fulf had the biggest bass just shy of 3 lb and I had a one just over 2 1/2 lb I also had two around 1 1/2 lb but the majority were around 1/2 and 3/4 lb mark. The two biggest fish came in over high water and surprisingly so did the sole which was just over 3/4 lb. We left around 1.30 am where the weather had changed again, misting over making the beach a little dark and eery

Onwards and upwards lads enjoy your weekends fishing

Attachments

• 20211013_234504.jpg
    20211013_234504.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211014_001600.jpg
    20211014_001600.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 4
Great session Nearly! Well worth making the effort when you get evenings like that!

Back