• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast My first squid!

Well done Goaty! Must admit would like to try it sometime but I’m guessing the nearest to me would be Weymouth, a fair trek.
I’d want them for bait but aside from the uncertainty of how many I’d catch, if any, it seems a lot cheaper just to buy a £5 box!

I’d certainly give it a go if I was ever passing near a venue at a suitable time

Well done Goaty! Must admit would like to try it sometime but I’m guessing the nearest to me would be Weymouth, a fair trek.
I’d want them for bait but aside from the uncertainty of how many I’d catch, if any, it seems a lot cheaper just to buy a £5 box!

I’d certainly give it a go if I was ever passing near a venue at a suitable time
I caught a couple at the pier in Torquay a few years back, there might be some at Ilfracombe but, as no one fishes for them there, we'll never know.
Locals told me none were caught from Swanage but I tried and caught some, much to their surprise.

I caught a couple at the pier in Torquay a few years back, there might be some at Ilfracombe but, as no one fishes for them there, we'll never know.
Locals told me none were caught from Swanage but I tried and caught some, much to their surprise.
Yes I’ve often wondered about Ilfracombe, and did see a large one caught there many many years ago.

We lose the water clarity pretty quickly up here though, would that affect squid fishing?

Torquay isn’t much better for me than Weymouth unfortunately.

The water is not very clear at Boscombe sometimes but squid are still caught.

Back