• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

nanofil line

i have just recieved my new copy of FISHINGMEGASTORE by glasgow angling company and in the braid/mono section they have some new berkley mono
32.4lbbreaking strain 0.22mm diam and 44.3lb break 0.28 mm is this a mis print or some super mono at a very low price
D.S.J 🦀 :p
No, you haven't read it wrong and it's not a misprint John, Nanofil is very thin, but it hasn't proved a hit as Berkeley have discontinued it already. Any you buy now is just old stock.

It is basically a pre-stretched mono that gives you the diameter of a braid but without the flexibility of a braid. Nanofil was/is almost like a fine wire and doesn't have great abrasion resistance either. It comes with a little leaflet that tells you which knots you should use with it and when tied with these knots it seems to have decent knot strength, but if you do use the wrong knot it is really bad.
You will be able to cast further than you normally would due to the thinness and it does give good bite indication (just as a braid would) but be prepared to change the line after just a few sessions as it seems to get damaged very easily and once it does it just gives way with no warning.

Its been banned at one of my freshwater clubs because of how easy it breaks and the amount of line snags it causes due to that . Iv cast with it and it's like there is no line attached. Goes an absolute mile done nearly 200m with it .
Useless as a fishing line though , just weak and snaps if farted on...I can't understand how anyone gets on with it for fishing , but iv heard people say they do .

No, you haven't read it wrong and it's not a misprint John, Nanofil is very thin, but it hasn't proved a hit as Berkeley have discontinued it already. Any you buy now is just old stock.

It is basically a pre-stretched mono that gives you the diameter of a braid but without the flexibility of a braid. Nanofil was/is almost like a fine wire and doesn't have great abrasion resistance either. It comes with a little leaflet that tells you which knots you should use with it and when tied with these knots it seems to have decent knot strength, but if you do use the wrong knot it is really bad.
You will be able to cast further than you normally would due to the thinness and it does give good bite indication (just as a braid would) but be prepared to change the line after just a few sessions as it seems to get damaged very easily and once it does it just gives way with no warning.
It's all I use really on my lure reels and clean ground but my leaders are cheap 4 strand. Is tricky to get your knots right but they become second nature. It's not pre stretched mono it's not a fused and coated braid just one strand although it acts like one Lasts well for me,

Back