• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New online tackle shop

ajs1967

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi everyone, ive noticed a new online tackleshop called Onefisherman, the prices look good, has anyone tried them out yet?

A new one, not heard of it and will check it out thanks.

It's a new start up and although the prices are really good, I wouldn't be surprised if they are not holding much stock, but just ordering from the manufacturer once they receive the order from the customer. This can result in delays or even orders having to be cancelled once they are informed there is no stock available at the manufacturer.

If you don't need something quickly then it might be worth a punt, but I'd always suggest buying on credit card for the extra protection it provides.

It's a new start up and although the prices are really good, I wouldn't be surprised if they are not holding much stock, but just ordering from the manufacturer once they receive the order from the customer. This can result in delays or even orders having to be cancelled once they are informed there is no stock available at the manufacturer.

If you don't need something quickly then it might be worth a punt, but I'd always suggest buying on credit card for the extra protection it provides.
Exactly that, i dont need the reel until december and ive paid on a credit card, just incase

Seem genuine enough. It is a uk registered Limited Company, and the sole director is a Latvian Guy.
Only been going since May 30th this year, so perhaps that is why the premises doesn't show up on Google.
47 out of 100 on https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/onefisherman.co.uk, and 3.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.

Quite how they have the Neck to claim that they are "the largest online fishing tackle shop in the UK" I don't know!
I also saw a report on another forum about a guy had rang them to query the slow delivery of his order, and he was told by a guy who he had difficulty understanding "All of our goods come from warehouse in Europe, so it take time".

I'd also be wary of any company whose only contact number is a mobile phone number.
Buyer beware, and use a credit card for protection.
I Haven't had time to look at their products & prices, but it's an initial NO from me.

EDIT: I've now read the reviews on Trustpilot - make your own mind up!

Companies house:

1692032186674.png

According to companies house, his Christain name is "Vadims", but when he replies to people, he calls himself "Richard".

Bit of a limited range.
Don't need any gear at the moment, but compared Penn Surfblater III's - on offer at Veals for $129.99, this crowd £87.50, but is it genuine ??
Only thing that might have tempted me is an Abu Garcia Tormentor lure rod, but they don't stock 'em. 🙄🙄

Seem genuine enough. It is a uk registered Limited Company, and the sole director is a Latvian Guy.
Only been going since May 30th this year, so perhaps that is why the premises doesn't show up on Google.
47 out of 100 on https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/onefisherman.co.uk, and 3.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.

Quite how they have the Neck to claim that they are "the largest online fishing tackle shop in the UK" I don't know!
I also saw a report on another forum about a guy had rang them to query the slow delivery of his order, and he was told by a guy who he had difficulty understanding "All of our goods come from warehouse in Europe, so it take time".

I'd also be wary of any company whose only contact number is a mobile phone number.
Buyer beware, and use a credit card for protection.
I Haven't had time to look at their products & prices, but it's an initial NO from me.

EDIT: I've now read the reviews on Trustpilot - make your own mind up!

Companies house:

View attachment 49695

According to companies house, his Christain name is "Vadims", but when he replies to people, he calls himself "Richard".
Also a NO from me as well.

Eastern block owners, hmm, "touch, bargepole, wouldn't with" springs to mind...Wide berth.

Ian.

Will this guy stay later when you need to collect worms? Will this guy know whats happening at local marks? Will this guy let you try out a rod to see if it suits? It doesn't matter how cheap he may or may not be. You need to support your local tackle shop if it is still going to be there when you need it. That doesn't mean you always pay the first price thats offered but remember who you really reely need....

Will this guy stay later when you need to collect worms? Will this guy know whats happening at local marks? Will this guy let you try out a rod to see if it suits? It doesn't matter how cheap he may or may not be. You need to support your local tackle shop if it is still going to be there when you need it. That doesn't mean you always pay the first price thats offered but remember who you really reely need....
Whilst I agree with what you say we don't all have that facility to hand and online shopping becomes a necessity.

Did online shopping come about because local shops closed or did local shops close because of online shopping. Which came first, chicken or egg, simples
:unsure: I am pretty sure the shops were there first

Butchers do chicken and eggs

Did online shopping come about because local shops closed or did local shops close because of online shopping. Which came first, chicken or egg, simples
You forgot the Sergei bit ;) They closed just like the pubs due to not being competitive, sad but true Stan.

Back