• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New online tackle shop

Did online shopping come about because local shops closed or did local shops close because of online shopping. Which came first, chicken or egg, simples
Ah I see.

I sometimes shop in GAC if I am passing, local shop if you are in weegieshire, online if I am not passing?
I have only been to Newmills once (Fishing mad) now sometimes shop online, local shop if you are in lanarkshire.
I shop online at Rutherfords, never been, unlikely to do so but a local shop if you are in Sunderland.
I have used North East tackle online, and never likely to be there either but another local tackle shop.
I have recently probably in the past month been in and bought in the five local tackle shops in D&G, the furthest being in Stranraer (76 miles away) but all are limited to what they stock.
The only true online, no shop, that I have used is Veals, probably bits and bobs off ebay, beads for example, so I am probably supporting many "local" shops not local to me that also have a good online offer, there will be others that I can't think of at the moment.
No need to thank me.

I too try to support local shops but it's often easier to buy from them online. Also, it depend what you call local?

I'd spotted a windproof jacket that I fancied online in the eBay store of a local tackle shop - Wifey said she'd buy it for me but we went to the shop to make sure I had the right size.
When there was a shortage of tackle during lockdown, I wanted a Surfblaster, but no new stock, which pushed 2nd hand price way up, so I decided to buy a Mitchell RZ from an online dealer in Cornwall - the closest one I could find. So rather than burn gallons of fuel, plus pay the Tamar bridge tolls, I ordered it online.
It is possible to support some local(ish) stores by buyng from them online.

Hi everyone, ive noticed a new online tackleshop called Onefisherman, the prices look good, has anyone tried them out yet?
I've seen a fair few comments of late on social media saying that purchases aren't being delivered or if they are it's always to somewhere in Glasgow . Definitely avoid from what I've seen.

Ah I see.

I sometimes shop in GAC if I am passing, local shop if you are in weegieshire, online if I am not passing?
I have only been to Newmills once (Fishing mad) now sometimes shop online, local shop if you are in lanarkshire.
I shop online at Rutherfords, never been, unlikely to do so but a local shop if you are in Sunderland.
I have used North East tackle online, and never likely to be there either but another local tackle shop.
I have recently probably in the past month been in and bought in the five local tackle shops in D&G, the furthest being in Stranraer (76 miles away) but all are limited to what they stock.
The only true online, no shop, that I have used is Veals, probably bits and bobs off ebay, beads for example, so I am probably supporting many "local" shops not local to me that also have a good online offer, there will be others that I can't think of at the moment.
No need to thank me.

Why would I thank you ? Not my business where you shop, I merely explained the chicken and egg bit, nowt else. Explain your shopping to angle 2 dangle or whatever the name, post 12 I think. No shooty messenger.

Why would I thank you ? Not my business where you shop, I merely explained the chicken and egg bit, nowt else. Explain your shopping to angle 2 dangle or whatever the name, post 12 I think. No shooty messenger.
Should have posted twice and not confused things.
The explanation was for A2D.

Whilst I agree with what you say we don't all have that facility to hand and online shopping becomes a necessity.
Yes, I understand the dilemma. If more local shops close, you will be needing to resort to online outlets for all your purchases, the prices will not fall, rather the opposite and you may be having to deal with an unknown, questionably reliable overseas source for supplies. Personally I would prefer to spend my cash across a two foot counter, rather than a number on the planet Zog, but everyone to their own.

Most of you missed the biggest red flags on this one .... no Data Controller registration with the Information Commissioner's Office which is a legal requirement for any company handling customer's data.

Their Trustpilot feedback screams out of a company ordering in from their suppliers on order demand ... that is they only get stock in AFTER they get an order off the website ... that would explain the moans about the length of time some are waiting for their kit.

Lastly ... I flagged the owner on another forum .... its a very rare name so I did wonder if this was the same person ....

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...-of-heroin-near-train-station-in-leeds-601671

Hi Russ, nice to see you on here. (y)

Ian.

Most of you missed the biggest red flags on this one .... no Data Controller registration with the Information Commissioner's Office which is a legal requirement for any company handling customer's data.

Their Trustpilot feedback screams out of a company ordering in from their suppliers on order demand ... that is they only get stock in AFTER they get an order off the website ... that would explain the moans about the length of time some are waiting for their kit.

Lastly ... I flagged the owner on another forum .... its a very rare name so I did wonder if this was the same person ....

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...-of-heroin-near-train-station-in-leeds-601671
On the balance of probability id day the same guy

Only a fool and his money comes to mind.

H Russ - good to hear from ya.
The drugs bust looks like too much of a coincidence, so definitely one to avoid.
He was sentenced for 4 1/2 years (might only have served half) so the bottom line is he's a criminal.

H Russ - good to hear from ya.
The drugs bust looks like too much of a coincidence, so definitely one to avoid.
He was sentenced for 4 1/2 years (might only have served half) so the bottom line is he's a criminal.
I think so .... the lack of any Data registration is enough for me, though saying that there are some large and well known companies that are guilty of that one too.

According to the dept of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy the UK private sector business population comprised 3.1 million sole proprietorships, 2.1 million actively trading companies and 353,000 ordinary partnerships - however there are only "over a million" UK Data Controllers on the UK data Register ..... I can't think of any business that would not deal with some form of third party data so you'd expect the ICO's office to work out that there seems to be a lot of people missing from that register!

I think so .... the lack of any Data registration is enough for me, though saying that there are some large and well known companies that are guilty of that one too.

According to the dept of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy the UK private sector business population comprised 3.1 million sole proprietorships, 2.1 million actively trading companies and 353,000 ordinary partnerships - however there are only "over a million" UK Data Controllers on the UK data Register ..... I can't think of any business that would not deal with some form of third party data so you'd expect the ICO's office to work out that there seems to be a lot of people missing from that register!
So Russ, let me get this straight, are you saying don't buy from him then... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Back