• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New online tackle shop

Some are Livebearers...

Ian.

I think so .... the lack of any Data registration is enough for me, though saying that there are some large and well known companies that are guilty of that one too.

According to the dept of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy the UK private sector business population comprised 3.1 million sole proprietorships, 2.1 million actively trading companies and 353,000 ordinary partnerships - however there are only "over a million" UK Data Controllers on the UK data Register ..... I can't think of any business that would not deal with some form of third party data so you'd expect the ICO's office to work out that there seems to be a lot of people missing from that register!
It's quite bizarre really when it costs a grand total of £35 a year to register.

It's quite bizarre really when it costs a grand total of £35 a year to register.
Totally agree Mike ... but it is really surprising when you start looking into the companies you deal with and realise many aren't registered. Anybody can check online .... https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Search

Talking of new online tackle shops, and with Blakdog mentioning companies house, I came across a lnk to this company a few days ago in a discussion about their 13ft Beach & Pier rod.

Looks like a good rod for the money (not that I need any rods right now), has some very good reviews online, and on Youtube, and their 8 strand Braid looks interesting too. All 'own brand' products from China though. I hadn't heard of them before - no doubt some of you have.

BUT, yet another website with no address, no contact telephone number, and next to no information about the company on the website.
The only way I found out where they are is via Companies house - They're in what looks like a private house in Sunderland.
Registered as a Ltd company in February of this year, so fairly new. No info or reviews about them on Google either.

Such a lack of info on a company website, IE no address or contact telephone number in case of a problem, puts me right off dealing with them.

Talking of new online tackle shops, and with Blakdog mentioning companies house, I came across a lnk to this company a few days ago in a discussion about their 13ft Beach & Pier rod.

Looks like a good rod for the money (not that I need any rods right now), has some very good reviews online, and on Youtube, and their 8 strand Braid looks interesting too. All 'own brand' products from China though. I hadn't heard of them before - no doubt some of you have.

BUT, yet another website with no address, no contact telephone number, and next to no information about the company on the website.
The only way I found out where they are is via Companies house - They're in what looks like a private house in Sunderland.
Registered as a Ltd company in February of this year, so fairly new. No info or reviews about them on Google either.

Such a lack of info on a company website, IE no address or contact telephone number in case of a problem, puts me right off dealing with them.
he is here on FB buddy - if you ever use it https://www.facebook.com/Limitlessseafishing

He is doing it as an additional job to his normal real world job and yes as you said the products are from our friends in the east alixexpress and alibaba. Lots of bickering went on at first between him and the guys selling chinese stuff as 'their brands' :)

Provision of a bricks and mortar address is a legal requirement for all UK web based shops.

Nothing wrong with working from home .. so long as you abide by the law of the land and pay your dues.
I agree, but just me being suspicious of online stores with no contact details.

he is here on FB buddy - if you ever use it https://www.facebook.com/Limitlessseafishing

He is doing it as an additional job to his normal real world job and yes as you said the products are from our friends in the east alixexpress and alibaba. Lots of bickering went on at first between him and the guys selling chinese stuff as 'their brands' :)

Ha! My dislike of Facemuck is well known Kev! I avoid it like the plague, mainly due to their online tracking policies & discretions..
Sounds like you know quite a bit about them, so any recommendation?

Ha! My dislike of Facemuck is well known Kev! I avoid it like the plague, mainly due to their online tracking policies & discretions..
Sounds like you know quite a bit about them, so any recommendation?
It may be easier and cheaper for you to get the same stuff via Aliexpress or one of the other customer facing chinese sites; a lot of the stuff is now at pretty much wholesale prices.... though you may have to trawl through 20 pages of rubbish before you find anything that looks half decent :)

It may be easier and cheaper for you to get the same stuff via Aliexpress or one of the other customer facing chinese sites; a lot of the stuff is now at pretty much wholesale prices.... though you may have to trawl through 20 pages of rubbish before you find anything that looks half decent :)

Not keen on dealing with Aliexpress either! Saw a pair of shoes I really liked and the only way I could find them was via a Google reverse image search - you guessed it, Aliexpress. The shoes were fine, and I had expected they would take a while to arrive.
Whilst they weren't expensive, it didn't mention any import duties or further costs, and I got stung for nearly the cost of the shoes in import charges & handling fees. Once bitten, twice shy.

Whilst they weren't expensive, it didn't mention any import duties or further costs, and I got stung for nearly the cost of the shoes in import charges & handling fees. Once bitten, twice shy.
Thats the fault of your naivety ... not the seller. Its basic common sense to check wether you are going to incur inport charges.

Thats the fault of your naivety ... not the seller. Its basic common sense to check wether you are going to incur inport charges.
It were quite a few years ago Russ - much Greener back then!

Back