• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East New PB!!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all,
I ventured out to an E.Kent mark Tuesday night to meet up with a good friend, Terry, for a dangle.
I arrived later than hoped because of work and family commitments, Terry was already set up and had been fishing a couple of hours or so.
By all accounts, he’d already had 2 small hounds and a 53cm bass which he’d kept for the table. (About 3.5lbs).
Excited that the fish seemed to be biting, I quickly got set up. Soon after, Terry pulled in his 3rd hound of the night, slightly better at around 6lbs. Hounds in October! Crazy!!
At this point, Lady Luck really wasn’t taking any notice of me, my baits were untouched for at least the first 2.5hrs. I didn’t feel too bad though as things seemed to have dried up for Terry too. I was just annoyed I’d got there late and missed the fun!
High tide came and went and about an hour down, I got my first take. Fishing with squid at range, the rod bent right over and even stripped a little line. “Fish on!” I called to Terry, “Pretty sure it’s a hound”. The fish was putting up a fair fight before coming towards me and I struggled to wind fast enough to maintain line tension.
At this point, it dawned on me that this might actually be a bass. Surely not though, there was far too much weight in the first place. As it got to the shore, it kicked off again and was splashing madly near the edge, Terry did a great job of pulling it safely up the shingle and I just stood in awe of the massive bar of silver laid out in front of me!
I knew straight away it was a PB, I even wondered for a moment if it would go as far as being double figures!! We got it back up the beach and I was being a little optimistic but it went a stunning 7lbs 11oz and at 71cm, I was absolutely made up!! I didn’t mind missing those early fish now!!
We carried on (probably a bit later than we should’ve) and although things were slow, I caught a 3lbs 6oz hound and a schoolie of 46cm. Terry caught a carbon copy of his first bass, going 52cm.
All in all, a cracking night!!IMG_6441.jpegIMG_6439.jpegIMG_6431.jpegIMG_6448.jpegIMG_6453.jpegIMG_6449.jpeg

Excellent report Stormy, belting Bass as well, nice one.. Great pics too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Wow Stormzy - fabulous Bass! Well done, cracking report and photos as always! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back