• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice New Top Eye

Leepip

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Need New Top Eye For My Penn Tidal 14ft XR has Ceramic insert his Chipped Don't want one with Ceramic again anything out there I can get Any Advice Much Appreciated thxs Lee

Need New Top Eye For My Penn Tidal 14ft XR has Ceramic insert his Chipped Don't want one with Ceramic again anything out there I can get Any Advice Much Appreciated thxs Lee
Maybe something like this...?

That's Exactly what I'm looking for I got 2 Penn Rods only one is Cracked I will just Replace the 2 The Same Time Cheers Mate👍

Any Reason why Braid has use Braid and Mono I need a Eye that I can use Both
Braid will cut through the Diamite guides... ;)

Ian.

Any Reason why Braid has use Braid and Mono I need a Eye that I can use Both

Stainless steel is much softer than carbon steel and braid will go through it like a cheese cutter. The guides used by big manufacturers can be suspect and come with a side order of fried rice. For many years a major manufacturer got away with putting a label on the butt guide saying "genuine Fuji guide" It was but the small print was the word guide, singular, not guides. The rest were all cheap copies. Go for an alconite or similar and stop whacking the swivel into the tip guide or dropping the rod. No reason on earth why a lined centre guide should chip in normal fishing, none at all even the cheap shit.

Back