• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Nice bass 7lbs

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well a last minute decision paid off , me and a friend almost didn't go as was getting late ,and out of habit we get to our low water marks for low tide not before .

Which last night proved is a mistake as started 2 hours before low for a change , 1st cast bang bang slow pull more like a ray bite , good brief scrap and pulled in a big bass especially for the chosen spot .

Happy days . Kept the fish as hooked deep .
2nd cast same type of bite and lost a decent fish half way in , could of been a smoothy.
My friend had a dogfish then the bites dried up.

Measured 71cm and weighed 7lbs 2 oz Bass chart says 8lbs 12 on length.
20220520_223124.jpg
20220521_030703.jpg

Cracking fish mate! Well done!! PB?

Nice one H1 L2! Great report, good photos & a lovely Bass! Well done! ?? (y) (y)

Cracking fish mate! Well done!! PB?
Had a couple absolute lumps down hythe/folkestone before ,but that's the biggest from this bit of coast by almost 2lbs... , and also the biggest iv ever weighed, as returned the big ones down south with no scales .
Well happy with it . So yeah could call it an official pb lol

Cheers all. Guess I'll be back out again tonight then ?

Nice one mate!

I can’t subscribe to this measuring bollox that seems to infest sea angling now.
As VB says, weights can vary hugely with fish of the same length.

It really doesn’t take long to stick a fish in a folding weight sling and put it on a decent pair of scales.
Each to their own I suppose, but the weight of a fish is a definitive answer to the question with no grey areas.

Nice one. Tidy fish mate. Those charts are a bit shite, you have no chance of an accurate one that goes only on length. It's like saying how heavy people are just by their height. You get fat bastards and skinny buggers, same with fish
so you think people that are fat are bastards, just shows how bright you are down there where
you think that woman are sheep and shag them.

Back