• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Night fishing on Seaton beach

ilan

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just started to get back into fishing after a long break Last September I tried Seaton Devon beach As s it got dark the rod tips just would not stay still and it was bootlace conger every cast . Last night fishing the tide up with bigger baits I realised that the Conger were still there every rig was spun out a quick check with a size 6 hook and scrap of squid Yes a 10 ins conger . Is this why I was the only person fishing are there better places to try . I have fished Blue Anchor on the beach without much luck ?

Where do we start with this one bey this time of year it will be strap a Chuck might be better off going branscome no where near her best anymore but your get dogs decent pout there or get onto the rough ground for wrasse and Huss if waters coloured decent chance of a free beard, Rocklin, Seatown huge pout chance of a ray to the left on the beach, but it’s a time of year where is slow everywhere April chance of place on all these beaches and the rays will start to show but mays my favourite time on East Devon beaches as the hounds show and the summer species start the show and the rays come in feeding after laying purses any questions just ask ma Bute orso squid 🦑 is like crack to straps better off trying anchovies sandeel or mackerel not saying you won’t catch ‘em but more chance of other species worse case bait up with sections of conger to catch bigger conger 😂😂

Last edited:
Tank may of fished it since me but beer beach down on the right used to throw up some good wrasse for me this time of the year. Also a bit quieter before the grockles appear en mass in their white portaloos. Other than that be tempted with the rough at branscombe and sit it out for a Huss if the water is coloured.

Back