• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Night session 20/11

Emmcee75

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With my last couple of sessions being hard work I was hoping for a change of luck. As usual I was undecided on where to head, It was either west to southbourne or east to widewater, both roughly 90 minutes from me. A toss of a coin and widewater was the venue, with an evening high of midnight I didnt head down til late afternoon. On arriving there were already a number of anglers setting up so I found myself an empty groin and set up. 1 rod a loop rig with size 1's and the other rod an up and over pennel with 4/0.
I only had frozen blacks and squid so blacks tipped with squid on the loop rig and whole squid on the other. Loop rig out first and whilst baiting up the other rod the loop rig pulls down and springs back slack. Grab the rod and start winding to feel what felt like a decent fish on. Get it in close for it all to fall slack and fish gone, f¥₩k!!!!!, gutted. Looking at the rig the bottom hooks point was burred over, hows your luck I thought. New rig on and back out. I was expecting a whiting fest if I'm honest but the bites were very slow in coming for me. The whole squid rod was more or less motionless all night, in fact the only time it moved was when I rebaited it.
2hrs up to high and finally a good rattle and fish on the loop rig and a plaice comes up the shingle. Blank saved at least. No bites for a while until just on high and another plaice comes up the shingle, slightly bigger than the first. I thought this might be the start of a run of fish but I couldn't have been more wrong. I think I had one more bite with nearly every cast the baits coming back untouched. A very fine rain started around 1am so I gave it another half hour before calling it a night.
20211120_220351.jpg
20211121_002222.jpg
Until next time,Tight lines.

Attachments

• 20211121_004928.jpg
    20211121_004928.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 3
Lovely chunky plaice!!!!

Bad luck on the loss but made up for it

Back