• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

NOMURA NO CRACK RODS

ROCK ROVER

Reaction score
any thoughts on the above im looking for a heavy casting lure rod for peligic fishing
and they do a nice range of travel rods

I agree with you jackjock,,it's a pity shops don't do a try before you buy .
Agree that would be nice but i reckon 90% of rods would be rejected on the grounds the rods been not fit for purpose . I n the past have had quite a few rods like a lot of us that ive bought blind thinking they might suit me only to find they don,t suit me . Have now got a mate who changes is rods like the wind changes and the benefit to me his i get to have go on quite a few different rods .I use now a BULLET GT 2 and a m4gt which i had a go on before i laid out my money .

Last edited:
I think we've all done that,got rods or reels ,then found out they are totally wrong for what we got them for !!!!!
Indeed! Eyes lit up when I saw a 4.5 metre Mitchell rod cheap on Gumtree locally & thought it would be a fair match up with my Conti rod. The Butt is about 40mm thick and it's like fishing with a telegraph pole. Going back on sale on Gumtree as soon as I sort another rod out!

Agree that would be nice but i reckon 90% of rods would be rejected on the grounds the rods been not fit for purpose . I n the past have had quite a few rods like a lot of us that ive bought blind thinking they might suit me only to find they don,t suit me . Have now got a mate who changes is rods like the wind changes and the benefit to me his i get to have go on quite a few different rods .I use now a BULLET GT 2 and a m4gt which i had a go on before i laid out my money .
I came really close to buying a couple of M4GT Zippys last August. When I say really close I had chosen the build spec and actually put them into the basket and then gone to the checkout page. I had spent ages reading about them but then stopped myself right at the last minute just because I got nervous that they would be too stiff for me.
A try before you buy service would be a great idea but will never happen as all the rubbish on the market would never get sold.

I came really close to buying a couple of M4GT Zippys last August. When I say really close I had chosen the build spec and actually put them into the basket and then gone to the checkout page. I had spent ages reading about them but then stopped myself right at the last minute just because I got nervous that they would be too stiff for me.
A try before you buy service would be a great idea but will never happen as all the rubbish on the market would never get sold.
The m4gt is a decent rod but would not suit every one . Its ok for a over head thump but would be better for a a more powerful cast The best advice i can give is to try and have a go with any rod your thinking about buying before you lay out your money , not easy i know

Last edited:
Back