• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

General Norway 2022.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Part 1.

After looking forward to it for over a year, our weeklong fishing trip to Norway finally arrived earlier this month and though the fishing wasn’t as amazing as some of the reports we’ve seen, it wasn’t a disappointment by any means.

Though the larger fish played hard to get, and sadly we didn’t see one of our main targets the wolfish, we did well as a group with 15 species, one short of equalling the weekly group record.

Personally, I caught 10 species, to take the kitty by 1 from Steve A, and these included 6 new PBs, plus 2 brand new species for me, so I was more than happy with my efforts 😊.

My fishing highlight of the week was my first ever halibut, a 34lb lump which put up an incredible scrap, almost pulling me off the bank on which I was standing with its first run 😳. It also took me into a snag at one point late in the fight, but thankfully, when I slightly released the tension in the line it swam free again, allowing Ross to skilfully land it for me 🥳.
Halibut PB.jpg

Not only was it a catch that I’ll never forget, but it was also enough to take the kitty for the heaviest fish of the week, and it tasted absolutely delicious 😋.
Halibut yum.jpg

My second heaviest fish of the week, which trebled my previous PB, was a cracking cod of 9lb 😎,
Cod PB.jpg

and on the same session, I also improved my shore caught ling best, with a fish around the 3lb mark 👍,
Ling PB.jpg

Not only was this a particularly memorable evening for the fishing, but we were also treated to a breath-taking show, courtesy of the Northern lights 😲,
Northern lights 2.jpg

Third on my biggest fish list was a new PB coalfish of 7lb 9oz, which beat my PB for the second time of the week 😁,
Coalfish PB.jpg

My other PBs were a redfish, small I know but my first ever 😉,
Redfish PB.jpg

a haddock, my first ever from the shore 👍,
Haddock shore PB.jpg

a nice short spined sea scorpion 😊,
Short spines sea scorpion PB.jpg

and finally, a half decent dab, which just happened to be the first fish caught of the week 👊.
Dab PB.jpg

Part 2.

As well as my personal highlights, I also saw my first ever lumb, caught by John 👏,
John lumb.jpg

who also managed to stun everyone, by catching a surprise lemon sole 😮,
John lemon sole 1.jpg

which just happened to be the first ever shore caught example for anyone fishing with Sportquest holidays in Norway 🤩.

Despite the shortage of big fish, it had still been a week to remember, with some stunning sights seen, plenty of side-splitting laughs had 🤣, and due to having 2 qualified chefs in the group, along a good supply of fresh fish, we ate some truly mouth-watering dishes 😋.

So, I’m back to fishing in home waters again now, and only time will tell if I can motivate myself to head out in search of dogs and pin whiting again next week 😂.

In the meantime, here are a few more pics of my trip, which I hope you’ll all enjoy 😉.
Coaley Mishna.jpg

Day view 1.jpg

Day view 2.jpg

Sunset 1.jpg

Sunset 2.jpg

Night time anglers.jpg

Northern lights 1.jpg

Norway Group.PNG

Nice photos and fishing looks brilliant

Stunning stuff that scorp wow and a lemon sole WTF 😳 and cracking halibut mate great report well done 👍

Thanks for the replies all (y).

Norway is a stunning country, and the sights were as memorable as the fishing :cool:.

The trip was an experience of a lifetime, and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone ;).

Back