• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Not good

Shirleycodlin

I am the god of hell fire
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly an algae bloom apparently? The area often gets covered by rafts of seaweed that don't wash away for a long time depending on the winds, I wouldn't be surprised if that is a reason , hopefully nothing more sinister.

Going to be plenty more on the way with these shit sewers
Why now with the sewers then?

Years ago everywhere had sewer outlets into the sea.

And not far from you in the 70's at Rhyl beach you could see all the shite and toilet paper flowing along the beach, and in them days there would have been no treatment whatsoever for it before it entered.

Why now with the sewers then?

Years ago everywhere had sewer outlets into the sea.

And not far from you in the 70's at Rhyl beach you could see all the shite and toilet paper flowing along the beach, and in them days there would have been no treatment whatsoever for it before it entered.
Warmer wetter weather. More people than ever taking breaks at the same time

Not good news for north Kent

Now extended to Margate..

What the hell is going on in our seas? I'm sure I read somewhere about millions of sand eels washing up dead as well? The only times I've ever known rag and lug to wash up dead is after a storm. After all they live in deep burrows, for them to die must be something really serious.

What the hell is going on in our seas? I'm sure I read somewhere about millions of sand eels washing up dead as well? The only times I've ever known rag and lug to wash up dead is after a storm. After all they live in deep burrows, for them to die must be something really serious.
Sometimes we get an algal bloom which will reduce oxygen levels in the water and cause a small amount of things to wash up dead and I think here is one of those times. It's like the starfish washing up once a year after a storm, natural thing that has happened for years.

Then we get this...

Lots of sand eels are being found coming out of the sand & dying here on the Isle of wight, don't know where, the person who posted the news item didn't give the location.

Hope it makes the bloody chinks ill, feckers. ;)

Ian.

It's a shame that they didn't make the above sign in different languages as currently there's a load of Chinese out there scraping everything from the rocks as well as cockles from the beach ffs...
If it is indeed a bacterial problem, then there is a pretty good chance they are going to be very ill!

Slowly (well maybe not so slowly) but surely we are fucking up the planet. Rising sea temps, microplastics, dumping chemicals …… all impacting the state of the oceans. Does make me smile though when they go on about saving the planet when really they mean saving it so mankind can survive. Life on the planet will go on after we have disappeared, nature has its way.

Update.. it’s not toxic but you are advised not to go in.

View attachment 64583

"It's not toxic" but it has killed a load of Rag & Lug, plus the Shellfish. What a load of bollox.

After the beach was given the all clear, they have now changed their minds again so from Westbrook to Minnis the advice is don't go in the water..

Back