• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Not slowing down after all.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
After my numbers were down last week I wasn’t sure what to expect this week, especially with the dropping tides, but with perfect weather forecast I just had to give it a go.

Tuesday evening started quietly but I kept trying and eventually, after a couple of hours I was off the mark, with a schoolie of 31cm on the Sunslicker Primus 😊.
Bass - 64 2023.jpg

The next 90 minutes were quiet again, but as dusk fell things livened up and in the next hour I landed another 3 bass to 51cm, along with a bonus garfish, a new PB of 72cm 🥳.
Bass - 65 2023.jpg

Bass - 67 2023.jpg

Garfish 72cm 23rd May 2323.jpg

Sadly things went quiet after that and even a move to a different spot for the last hour only resulted in 1 missed hit, before I called it night at 00:45.

My next outing was on Thursday and with the tide down to 25ft I wasn’t expecting much. It was a glorious evening to be out though, and I was pleasantly surprised when I caught a small schoolie only 45 minutes after I arrived 👍.
Bass - 68 2023.jpg

Any hope that this might be just the start of a productive evening were soon dispelled though, and I fished on for another 3 and a half hours with just 1 more half-hearted touch on my lures to show for my efforts 😢.

Eventually I decided to head back to the car, but not before I stopped at another spot on the way for the last half hour. As it happened the, move turned out to be an inspired idea and on only my third cast there my lure was smashed, then after a decent scrap I landed a nice silver of 50cm, to double my tally for the night 🙌.
Bass - 69 2023.jpg

This was just the start and a last half hour soon became a last hour, and eventually a last 2 hours 😂, but the bass just kept on feeding. I landed another 5, with the smallest at 40cm, but the others were all between 51 and 57cm.
Bass - 73 2023.jpg

Bass - 70 2023.jpg

Bass - 71 2023.jpg

Bass - 72 2023.jpg

As well as the 6 bass I landed, I also lost several more, one of which took a decent amount of line before it managed to throw the hook 😮, and I missed more hits than I could count, but finally, with a 7 o’clock alarm set for the morning, I reluctantly called it a night at 1:15.

So it seems that I may have been slightly premature in thinking sport might be slowing down here in North Wales 🤔, but I guess there’s only one way to find out, so roll on Tuesday evening, when I’ll be out there doing it all again 😉.

Great report mate, those Bass just keep coming. Lovely pics too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back