• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Oh bollox

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Good evening all I headed off to crimdon earlier at 6.45pm got there for 6.50pm stood on the bank tops looking down at the water still bloody heavy ☹️ but thought feck it I'm here. It was only a small low water tide 1.1 so it would be a short session as much of the sand bar wouldn't be revealed. As I started wading through the first gully using my rod stand to check the depth in front of me it went down to about 4 ft so I quickly turned back and sat on my box like a bloody garden gnome waiting for the tide to ebb further, there's a sand bar out there somewhere.IMG20221207194706.jpgI finally got through the first gully at 8.15 and put a big squid and blacks wrapp out into the noisy darkness it held the bottom perfect with a 7oz leadIMG20221207202459.jpg after 20 mins I brought it back in un touched. Next cast a big cart and squid wrapp went out after about 5 mins the rod bent double banging like feck wahoo fish on I didn't even strike just started winding and in it came till it got to the surf and came off hence the title 🤬. So out went another big wrap this time the weed showed up I struggled to get my gear back but managed eventually. Tried again and same thing weed that's when I decided to pack up and return home. It was a bit dodgy on the sand bar as the wash kept rushing in over it at times when I held the rod in the stand it was washing the sand from under my feet which at one point I nearly went over IMG20221207201639.jpgso decided to to go home but I'm back out there again on Friday night . I'm sacking the darts for the night 😁.Now off to bed as I've got work and up at 05.30.😴😴😴

Nice write up Stevie. Sounds a bit rough there - maybe too rough? Better luck for Friday. 🎣🎣👍👍

Good effort Steve.
Quick question, I assume you were using pennell rigs?
Was the top hook a circle or semi circle?
I don't recall loosing any fish since I swapped to a top circle.

Good effort Steve.
Quick question, I assume you were using pennell rigs?
Was the top hook a circle or semi circle?
I don't recall loosing any fish since I swapped to a top circle.
I use a pulley pennel rig with a 6/0 cox & rawl and a 5/0 mustard circle hook as a dropper I get most my fish on the dropper hook. 👍

I use a pulley pennel rig with a 6/0 cox & rawl and a 5/0 mustard circle hook as a dropper I get most my fish on the dropper hook. 👍
Thats why you lost it, they dont like Colmans Mustard circle hooks, spat it out. 🤣 Sorry, couldn't resist.
Bad luck with the fish coming off., but at least you were having a go.

Ian.

Back