• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Okuma spare parts

John Mitchell

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am having trouble finding a part for my okuma surf reel , I have messaged 3 people so far no one has got back to me , what crap service , any suggestions please

Hi guys
I am having trouble finding a part for my okuma surf reel , I have messaged 3 people so far no one has got back to me , what crap service , any suggestions please
Svensden has someone they bung you onto if contact them Some wide boy that's taken out the other people so controls spares but isn't very helpful either

I did have a look for you John - still got the photo I took for reference. Had a lot on this week but will have another look if you still haven't had any luck.

It’s a reel handle it’s come lose , it’s crumbled a bit and made it loose,
It’s a handle for a Distance Surf 60 fixed spool

Hi guys
Put a new reel on your xmas list. :unsure:

What exactly is the part?
Will something from another reel work?
I doubt it. It's this part of the handle which has small plastic pins that 'engage' with a sort of cog in the body of the reel.

1637246224420.png

Well done Dave that’s the part it’s loose i need a new one , and it must be from a size 60 . I don’t need a new one I have loads of reels , but I like the size of this one

Ah, I see...
I have a few fs reels that gave up for various reasons so I kept them as spare parts, can't say I could help with that part though.
Thanks for posting the pic though. Maybe someone else might find something to fit?

Well done Dave that’s the part it’s loose i need a new one , and it must be from a size 60 . I don’t need a new one I have loads of reels , but I like the size of this one
I've messaged a guy that I chat to who is an 'ambassador' for Okuma in the USA - he helps develop & test their new products. He might be able to come up with a UK contact. I'll have anther look when I'm 'home alone' next week.

I've messaged a guy that I chat to who is an 'ambassador' for Okuma in the USA - he helps develop & test their new products. He might be able to come up with a UK contact. I'll have anther look when I'm 'home alone' next week.
Thanks Dave

Its a bit of a poor show that you cant get bits for a reel, a chuck a way world very sad.(n)
Totally agree. I'd like to have been able to fix the Vertix Dragon reel I mentioned in another thread, after the bail arm roller assembly came loose after about 8 trips out. The reel was nearly £80 so not a cheapy, but Grauvell have gone bust, and that part of the reel was a crap design in the first place. ??

Chris has come back to me with a 'contact' web address John:

Back