• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West On the pebbles

Live in hope

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just a short post from today’s effort up the channel. With work and family commitments Thursday was the only day free for a couple of weeks and for my sins I headed up to minehead. Grabbing some bait from Steve at watchet I arrived an hour or so before high and made my way along to where I wanted to have a cast or two. Well must admit the wind was not pleasant but was hitting sand to stuck it out. Had most of my bites and fish on high and start of the ebb. Nothing to exciting but 3 spotted ray and the obligatory doggies. Wrapped it in just before low due to had enough of the wind and early start in the morning. A couple turned up to fish the evening and enjoy the breeze. Happy with the result in testing conditions , cheers.

Attachments

• 64EECA30-8D70-454C-8367-9E1B2496932B.jpeg
    64EECA30-8D70-454C-8367-9E1B2496932B.jpeg
    924.3 KB · Views: 25
  • BDEF2E3D-C92D-4B50-BF9F-679B1A6D6C6B.jpeg
    BDEF2E3D-C92D-4B50-BF9F-679B1A6D6C6B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Thanks the wind burn worth while?? si ain’t got nowt to worry about yet nice just to get out and enjoy the fishing. That north westerly was brisk ?

Nice one. Don't get Ray's in the Firth of Forth (to the best of my knowledge) wouldn’t mind catching one.

Good effort. Do hate that coast in a northerly though!

And I’m pretty sure they’re undulates? ?
?
Will take that ??? caught every other ray apart from my unicorn fish. Lost count of the amount of sessions on Chesil after the bloody things. The only good thing was at least I done my bit for the fish stocks and fed every strap n doggy on there. ?

Will take that ??? caught every other ray apart from my unicorn fish. Lost count of the amount of sessions on Chesil after the bloody things. The only good thing was at least I done my bit for the fish stocks and fed every strap n doggy on there. ?
Or are they thornbacks…? ?

You caught and put the effort in! Welldone fella!

Nice session mate very well done (y) (y) , like the pic of the ray, dont like the pic of the summerzet sand, orrible things to fish from.

Nice session mate very well done (y) (y) , like the pic of the ray, dont like the pic of the summerzet sand, orrible things to fish from.
Don’t like me mug in the pic would scare to many and the ray would refuse to sit still ? was a long way over them pebbles from high down to low with one or two hundred comments about the bloody things ?

Back