• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast One ting after another on chesil

J Richards

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After a long week at work and looking forward to a session on Chesil, had one thing in mind…… Rays.

I let a mate down with a venue change so my boy could come down and hopefully knacker him out so he slept at night(didn’t work, epic fail) I headed to mid chesil.

Well to say the whiting were there on mass was an understatement, i deliberatly avoided worm to try and avoid anything that swam upright, sand eel,squid and mackeral was the chosen bait for the flats……. The session soon became nightmare, the whiting were smashing everything, what ever I threw out they were on it within seconds, 2-3 at time. I was on big 4/0 catfish hooks but even they were being swallowed deep which meant i had to keep them for fillets and bait.
This carried on for a few hours, I even tried to leave them out for 1/2 hour live-baiting to see if anything took them. No takers though.
After getting seriously fecked off, I thought I know i’ll ring my mate and see how he is doing, he told me he was struggling, which fecked me off even more as I wanted a lazy day’s fishing. After he stopped laughing at me, he told me to fillet one and stick it at 10 yards, if I get a whiting he said go home. I was sceptical as I knew I would get a whiting. Undeterred I decided to do it, full of hope and the thought of a big eel, I got to work baiting. Like a kid at christmas I slung it out, 10 yards out, big huge bait, big books, heavy line……… Game on……… I waited all of 30-40 seconds before the bite I had been dreading… ??????? They are everywhere….. royally fecked off now I decided enough was enough, p!ssed wet through from the drizzle, I packed up at a rate of knots and stomped back to the car.
I have never had so many big whiting like before, I recon I could have had 6 at a time if I had feathers with me.
Still one positive, I now have a decent stock of conger and ray bait in the freezer.

End result was as followed -

Whiting - 10,000,000+
Pouting - 1
Dogfish - 2

Sea-Rat Central down Chesil at Mo, winner of a comp on saturday night at Bexington had 64lb + in his Zone with rest of top 4 having 49lb + of them lol. Other Zone was same.

Sea-Rat Central down Chesil at Mo, winner of a comp on satuaday night at Bexington had 64lb + in his Zone with rest of top 4 having 49lb + of them lol.

Think i would have stomped the match if i tried l, they were taking whole joeys, 2 at a time lol.

I heard the winner had a big bag, fair play to him, i would of p!ssed off home catching all that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Time for a whole cuttle ...... just goes to show how "big" Chesil is and how many fish can be in quite a small area.
We did not see a whiting all day...... we struggled.
Fish 1/4 mile both East and West and multiple cod were taken on the same spot we fished on the following day.
Time to go and put a whole cuttle in amongst the whiting.

Time for a whole cuttle ...... just goes to show how "big" Chesil is and how many fish can be in quite a small area.
We did not see a whiting all day...... we struggled.
Fish 1/4 mile both East and West and multiple cod were taken on the same spot we fished on the following day.
Time to go and put a whole cuttle in amongst the whiting.

Next time i’m coming with with you. The boy can go to the park lol.
Amazing how the beach can be so different though.
I might get out squiding this week. Lets hope i can find some big cuttles.

Only 10,000,000 whiting?? You could have put some effort in mate! ? the hoards of sea rats are appearing over my local marks, but not to that level thankfully! Wish you luck for the next session pal

Back