• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

(Opinions needed please) Titan Matchman XL Rod Holdall

Gordon28

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hello folks. looking into getting a new rod holdall and was recommended the Titan, anyone had any experience with it?
thanks in advance.

Hi Gordon! Didn't come across the Titan bags when I was looking for something similar last year, but I bought a Shakespeare Agility quiver that I'm very pleased with. It's 190cm with a crafty 50cm zipped extension at the bottom that takes it to 240cm, or 8 feet.
I got mine from Basstastic on eBay, but having had a quick look, everyone seems out of stock at the moment.

Hi Gordon! Didn't come across the Titan bags when I was looking for something similar last year, but I bought a Shakespeare Agility quiver that I'm very pleased with. It's 190cm with a crafty 50cm zipped extension at the bottom that takes it to 240cm, or 8 feet.
I got mine from Basstastic on eBay, but having had a quick look, everyone seems out of stock at the moment.
Nice looking hold-all. Thanks for the idea ?? I’ll have a look into it. Seems to be the trend with most tackle just now everything is out of stock all over the place.

I have the titan rod hold all ,and love it ,it hold 4 rods and rod rest on outside ,its strongly made , what I like about most is put your rods init and the top closes right up with draw strings ,no more annoying rattling while driving along ,in the past iv used other rod holdall to be honest they crap compared to the titan bag ,so impressed I brought another and put my bigloo init perfect fit

My travel & Fly rods came with their own hard case with individual sections inside. My 2 piece beach casters have their own cotton section bags, so don't need a holdall.

My travel & Fly rods came with their own hard case with individual sections inside. My 2 piece beach casters have their own cotton section bags, so don't need a holdall.
Most of my rods have cotton section bags, and my Conti rod has a quality thick neoprene 3 sectioned bag, but the cotton bags don't afford much protection.
The main reasons I bought the Shakespeare Quiver is that I can slide my rods (in their bags) inside, and it has a pouch & straps for my Salt tripod, and I can then carry the whole lot over my shoulder.
I also like the fact that I can adjust the length of the quiver depending on which rods I'm using, although somebody did mention if you have it extended to 8ft, the bottom can catch the ground when over your shoulder.
Not sure whether this would also be the case with the Titan XL the OP mentioned.

Good post Gordon. I have bern looking as it may be my next purchase. Mh trouble is I have never had one, don't know anyone with one and can't get near any in the flesh!
It will therefore be a purchase using fellow forumites experiences. :unsure: ?
This was the exact scenario I was in. So went with the whole “if you don’t ask, you’ll never know approach” ?

can't see why anyone would need the xl quiver think it would be a pain getting stuff out of that
I use the shorter 5ft versions had the titan many years ago good enough bag not sure what today's model is like but old model didn't have divided partitions inside I prefer something that offers a bit more protection I'm using the mustad one from their zipless range all good upto now
View attachment 4765
my mates just got veals own model seems good quality time will tell they do a 2 & 4 rod model

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/VM...VMO-Comp---Specimen-Holdall-7502.html[/QUOTE]
Another couple of nice holdalls for me to look into. Getting spoiled for choice but liking the ideas being passed around ??

I have the titan rod hold all ,and love it ,it hold 4 rods and rod rest on outside ,its strongly made , what I like about most is put your rods init and the top closes right up with draw strings ,no more annoying rattling while driving along ,in the past iv used other rod holdall to be honest they crap compared to the titan bag ,so impressed I brought another and put my bigloo init perfect fit
Thanks for the info Mike. One of the things I liked was it being zipless. From past experiences I know zips don’t tend to enjoy salt air/spray. The fact you bought a second one tells me they must be decent??

I have this one.....its excellent. Does have a zip but so far so good. Carries my 16ft Sonik and a couple of others too and the tripod slips inside as well. Also has a few smaller pockets on the outside.

Think the old titan ones are good but apparently there new stuff is not as good Now days I just strap two rods and a tripod together with two Velcro straps

Last edited:
Think the old titan ones are good but apparently there new stuff is not as good Now days I just strap two rods and a tripod together with two Velcro straps
I hope it’s not the case ? I normally use Velcro straps on my spinning rod. ?

Ive had loads over the years, 'the original titan still got it' imax Mustad ect, I recently got me the new century one and its the best one ive owned, two padded dividers to separate rods it will hold 6 easy, plus tripod on the outside, good quick release straps to affix beach shelter.
carrying straps are perfect as the adjust to balance perfectly... highly recommended ?

Back