• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Other types

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I know most anglers tend to stick to one of fishing , Sea, Coarse, Game etc. so I am just wondering how many on here do other types of fishing as well or would such a thing be considered a mortal sin ?

I do them all.. I haven’t been coarse (carp) fishing for eighteen years since I moved up here in the wilderness.. basically because there’s no carp lakes up here as it’s too cold.
well then get the fly rods out, or is it the start of April with you up there

I tend to either sea or trout/salmon fishing, for sea I either use a beach caster or boat rod. For trout and salmon definately a fly rod (fluff chucking) as most call it.

Well I occasionally do some Carp n Coarse only this Morning I messaged a Forum member for some advice on what Baits etc to use this time of Year for Carp .I Rather be sitting by Lake Pond River than Stuck in the House if can't go Sea Fishing

I would love to be able to fly fish, Looks such a graceful way of fishing but for over 35yrs iv suffered from Bass fever it shows no sign of leaving me im afraid. I believe it can be a lifelong condition.

Not into any kind of freshwater fishing, though I did go Carp fishing once on my mate's Stag weekend!
Not into Species hunts or Tiddler Fiddling either.
I only sea fish (when health & weather allows) and mainly target species I enjoy eating.
Very happy boy if I can catch half a dozen decent sized Mackerel. 🎣🎣👍👍

Not into any kind of freshwater fishing, though I did go Carp fishing once on my mate's Stag weekend!
Not into Species hunts or Tiddler Fiddling either.
I only sea fish (when health & weather allows) and mainly target species I enjoy eating.
Very happy boy if I can catch half a dozen decent sized Mackerel. 🎣🎣👍👍
Watch what you say About Tiddler Fiddling Mate You're know what some of Members might assume lol

Virtually everything from dace and tench on the canal to tuna, swordfish and marlin on the boat and trout and salmon on the rivers. Sadly as this is in the shore fishing section I find shore fishing totally boring unless on the Canaries for bonito and bluefish. My shore fishing these days was ruined by fishing the Clyde in the 60`s and 70`s where a 10lb cod was nothing to write home about in fact 3 or 4 in a session.

Freezing my bollox off on some windswept beach for a doggie or one of the `orrible tasting spiky things that have some sort of unearned cult following is not my cup of tea.:)

Mostly boat and shore fishing, plus coarse fishing ponds. Sadly the rivers in south west Wales don't contain any coarse fish so I miss out on that. Even sadder is that the rivers down here that I used to fish for sea trout and salmon are fairly barren now due to dairy farming and other sewage going into the rivers.

All sorts for me aswell . This last year had big carp, pike , barbel , chub , 7lbs pb eel etc as well as some bass to 5lbs rays , smoothies into doubles from the sea.
So yeah do most types. Game not often but have caught plenty of trout and a few seatrout before, Never caught a salmon though.

Back