• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Out on the lures

Ranculos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well it all starter with a phone call from Bernie the bolt just after lunch and an invite to get out on the lures, I wasn't about to say no! Picked up at 3:30pm and we set off for the chosen mark. The mark chosen was Completely new to me so there was some hesitation and excitement building.

We got there in good time and set off from the car park on a 20 minute walk to reach the fishing location, absolutely massive rocky outcrops to climb over and around but we found the spot we wanted to fish.

First cast I had a bite, fish fighting hard but dropped off right in front of me! A couple casts later I landed this one A small Pollock
IMG_20210601_170817.jpg
we carried on fishing and it wasn't long before Bernie had a bite, a launce dropped off right at his feet! A few casts later just as the tide was turning we both had takes and landed again. A second Pollock for me and Bernie' first.
IMG_20210601_170826.jpg
Just after my second fish came in, the wind started to pick up and the swell started to build, so we decided to climb up the rocks and go over to the other side, absolutely flat calm with no wind at all. We stayed at this location for the remainder of the session. I carry on with my super sprat for a while longer and Bernie chose to target wrasse. We both get stuck into fish shortly after.
IMG_20210601_173807.jpg
Bernie got stuck into a couple nice looking wrasse that gave him a good fight on his LRF rod. We got quite comfortable at the new spot with very little movement in the water but then the last fish of the evening went for my new silver metal lure.
IMG_20210601_194839.jpg
It was a great afternoon/evening out in a new location, I have a feeling there are some bigger fish here so I'm looking forward to getting back out there and giving it a go for the bigger fish. I also lost my super sprat on the last cast! My favourite lure, so I best order in a few more.

Looking forward to the next session!

Last edited:
Well it all starter with a phone call from Bernie the bolt just after lunch and an invite to get out on the lures, I wasn't about to say no! Picked up at 3:30pm and we set off for the chosen mark. The mark chosen was Completely new to me so there was some hesitation and excitement building.

We got there in good time and set off from the car park on a 20 minute walk to reach the fishing location, absolutely massive rocky outcrops to climb over and around but we found the spot we wanted to fish.

First cast I had a bite, fish fighting hard but dropped off right in front of me! A couple casts later I landed this one A small Pollock
View attachment 9982
we carried on fishing and it wasn't long before Bernie had a bite, a launce dropped off right at his feet! A few casts later just as the tide was turning we both had takes and landed again. A second Pollock for me and Bernie' first.
View attachment 9983
Just after my second fish came in, the wind started to pick up and the swell started to build, so we decided to climb up the rocks and go over to the other side, absolutely flat calm with no wind at all. We stayed at this location for the remainder of the session. I carry on with my super sprat for a while longer and Bernie chose to target wrasse. We both get stuck into fish shortly after.
View attachment 9984
Bernie got stuck into a couple nice looking wrasse that gave him a good fight on his LRF rod. We got quite comfortable at the new spot with very little movement in the water but then the last fish of the evening went for my new silver metal lure.
View attachment 9985
It was a great afternoon/evening out in a new location, I have a feeling there are some bigger fish here so I'm looking forward to getting back out there and giving it a go for the bigger fish. I also lost my super sprat on the last cast! My favourite lure, so I best order in a few more.

Looking forward to the next session!
Nice report and pics rank glad your back on the fishing game even if it is chucking sex toys about ??????

Great to see you are out lure fishing mate , and catching a fish as well , well done

Back