• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Out on the rocks, horrible weather

Ranculos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Decided to go out for a few hours on the rocks, at one of my favourite marks. On arrival the weather looked reasonable with a bit of drizzle, once we walked down to the mark the weather took a bigger turn for the worse and I found myself scrambling to get the waterproofs on before I ended up soaking wet.

The fishing was slow and not very pleasant in the horrible weather but I persisted and kept fishing, then out of nowhere the weather suddenly turned and stopped raining. This was a pleasant surprise and I felt a bit more confident that I might catch something, about 20 minutes later the the first bite came and I landed this little conger. I forgot the scales but as I don't normally catch congers this was a personal best for me. Estimated at about 1.5lb

The weather stayed dry and I fished to dark then packed up and came home. Thankful I landed one fish to save the blank.

Looking forward to the next session.

Attachments

• IMG_20210811_192842.jpg
    IMG_20210811_192842.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210812_090041.jpg
    IMG_20210812_090041.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 20
Thanks guys, Suffering a bit after this trip! I took my new seatbox with me and i am not exactly slim so the sides of the back rest were digging into me pretty badly so have bruised lines going up my back on both sides. the seatbox has now been sold on and im back to a bag!

Thanks guys, Suffering a bit after this trip! I took my new seatbox with me and i am not exactly slim so the sides of the back rest were digging into me pretty badly so have bruised lines going up my back on both sides. the seatbox has now been sold on and im back to a bag!
Should have just wrapped some foam on they corners mate that’s won’t most do I can’t go anywhere without me seat box need somewhere to sit ???

Should have just wrapped some foam on they corners mate that’s won’t most do I can’t go anywhere without me seat box need somewhere to sit ???
I'm the same. Because I get short of breath, gotta have somewhere to perch me Arse! I bought one of these from Aldi a while back. I made a Plywood lid for it, with a cut-out at the rear to stand rods up next to the handle. If I'm off for a dangle on solid level ground, I can all put my gear in it from my seatbox, and trundle along with it, and it gives me a seat if I need one. Folds down really small for storage at home. For about £8, it was a good buy. They're probably available on eBay.

Aldi folding trolley.jpg

Back