• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Out with the big rods

bananas

Reaction score
Had my second outing of the year with the beach gear yesterday, managed to drag all my gear down to give Seaton ago, this beach stuff so heavy to what I've been using!.
Well bait was disappearing from the first few casts with no return, then decided to miss cast and tangle my lines, got the first one in ok, unwrapped the tangled line, then started to bring the second one in and it went heavy!! a Dogfish and a great ball of tackle was on the end of it, blank saved and a weight as a bonus.
Hour later had a couple nice small knocks, bit of weight again and a nice kicking Plaice was up on the pebbles, just under a pound and surprisingly lip hooked, so he went back for another day.
Nothing till it got dark but stripped hooks and then last knock of the night resulted in a small Pouting, carried on till just past high water, with not a touch, fish baits was being chewed but not taken. Got a bit chilly when I packed up and not a sign of the Northern lights.
Nice being back on the beach, but not sure about these stinky hands at the end of it all tho:oops::oops:

Nice report Bob! Well done for getting out - I haven't had a rod out at all this year yet. 🎣🎣👍👍

Did you come up ere and not give me a shout 😮😮😮😮nice one on the plaice bey there are signs Seatons picking up again might have to give it a go myself soon 🤔or maybe not 😂😂😂😂

Did you come up ere and not give me a shout 😮😮😮😮nice one on the plaice bey there are signs Seatons picking up again might have to give it a go myself soon 🤔or maybe not 😂😂😂😂
I was going to give you a shout, but wasn't sure if i was definitely going to go as the day before i helped chopping down a lot a cherry blossom trees and didnt know how me old bones was going to be😳😳.
Next time mate i will, burt will know in advance of course 😂😂😂

Great report mate, nice pics.
My big rod is always being used. 🤣

Ian.

Back