• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Wales OXWICH FRIDAY CATCH REPORT

VooDooMan 2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With a smallish tide and HW at 2200 and given that the stiff breeze was mainly westerly it seemed an ideal mark to try . Previous catch reports had been helpful in regards to the car park and what species we were likely to catch. Armed with some really good fresh lug , once again provide by( @crabbiepatties) Jack and his mate Darren , along with some frozen Welsh blacks , peelers and razor we certainly weren't short of bait . Set up two rods each baited up with worm baits on one and big razor on the other. Three and half hours hard fishing produced 3 doggies , 1 whiting and a small bass . Not the the biggest catch but two of the doggies are cleaned and prepared ready for tea tonight . The wind and rain didn't cause to much discomfort and we were clear of the beach in time for the posted closure of the car park but I didn't see if anyone actually came to lock it up and there were still plenty of cars parked down by the beach side restaurant so I'm not certain if they do actually lock it at 10pm .
Mt new fishing mate is doing well and learning lots from our trips so far but he did say he'd like a session in the daylight for a change

With a smallish tide and HW at 2200 and given that the stiff breeze was mainly westerly it seemed an ideal mark to try . Previous catch reports had been helpful in regards to the car park and what species we were likely to catch. Armed with some really good fresh lug , once again provide by( @crabbiepatties) Jack and his mate Darren , along with some frozen Welsh blacks , peelers and razor we certainly weren't short of bait . Set up two rods each baited up with worm baits on one and big razor on the other. Three and half hours hard fishing produced 3 doggies , 1 whiting and a small bass . Not the the biggest catch but two of the doggies are cleaned and prepared ready for tea tonight . The wind and rain didn't cause to much discomfort and we were clear of the beach in time for the posted closure of the car park but I didn't see if anyone actually came to lock it up and there were still plenty of cars parked down by the beach side restaurant so I'm not certain if they do actually lock it at 10pm .
Mt new fishing mate is doing well and learning lots from our trips so far but he did say he'd like a session in the daylight for a change
Are you the voodooman as from wsf, who lure fishes with us at Dorset

I certainly am John ...... the one and only ...............you should have said "Tries to lure fish " :ROFLMAO:
I remember you now only I forgot your real name , were you in my group that got cut off on the Devon meet last year ?

Nice going, thanks for the report.

Back