• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales P.B. Rockling

Timbc2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I fished down the Llyn again on Saturday. Woke up and set off from the caravan to a windy and drizzly journey which didn’t bode well. I spent a lot of the session trying to catch mackerel and just managed 2, although one was a monster.

The weather brightened up and it turned out to be a decent day in the end.

On the bottom pulley rigs I had frozen mackerel on 10/0 hooks hoping for tope. Next thing I had a really good pull down and it turned out to be this beast of a 3-bearded with stunning orange colouration. That made the session right there and if nothing more decent had come out I was content with that. It reminded me of the beasts you see on the old Japanese pottery or a monster from a Manga film:

3 Bearded 1.jpg

3 bearded 2.jpg

3 bearded 3.jpg

I had a few medium sized pollack up to around 2 pounds or so but nothing to rave about.

One of the mackerel I caught I sacrificed for bait and it led to the capture of this 40.5 lb tope:

40.5 lb tope.jpg

Tight lines

Well done Tim. You're on a roll with the tope and that's a cracking rockling.

Can’t believe the Tope was second billing. ?
Top angling and congrats on the PB!

Wow, two beasts. That Rockling is huge well done. ?

That is a monster rockling! Well done mate! Nice tope too! ?

???

The headless fisherman strikes again ?

???

Well done Tim. You're on a roll with the tope and that's a cracking rockling.

Can’t believe the Tope was second billing. ?
Top angling and congrats on the PB!

Thank you gents, I am still buzzing off that rockling, it was the colouration as well as the size, as the ones I've had before have had more of a two-tone leopard skin pattern going on but this was really orangey all over. It was a sight to behold. Hope I catch another like that one day.

Wow thats a cracker of a session, well done on the Tope and the PB Rockling (y) (y)

I fished down the Llyn again on Saturday. Woke up and set off from the caravan to a windy and drizzly journey which didn’t bode well. I spent a lot of the session trying to catch mackerel and just managed 2, although one was a monster.

The weather brightened up and it turned out to be a decent day in the end.

On the bottom pulley rigs I had frozen mackerel on 10/0 hooks hoping for tope. Next thing I had a really good pull down and it turned out to be this beast of a 3-bearded with stunning orange colouration. That made the session right there and if nothing more decent had come out I was content with that. It reminded me of the beasts you see on the old Japanese pottery or a monster from a Manga film:

View attachment 15473

View attachment 15474

View attachment 15475

I had a few medium sized pollack up to around 2 pounds or so but nothing to rave about.

One of the mackerel I caught I sacrificed for bait and it led to the capture of this 40.5 lb tope:

View attachment 15476

Tight lines
Great session there mate, the lleyn is fishing well at the moment, when you can get a break in the weather ??

Great session there mate, the lleyn is fishing well at the moment, when you can get a break in the weather ??

Cheers Toby, it's certainly been busy with pollack but I've been struggled to hit any numbers of mackerel this year so far.

Wow thats a cracker of a session, well done on the Tope and the PB Rockling (y) (y)

Cheers bud :)

Back