• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Past couple of days on Chesil.

Live in hope

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Friday was a tad choppy and a bit of a stiff breeze but thought it was a better option for a couple of hours over high than shopping.
A lot of weed about and some squally showers so nowt subtle big baits dumped in close and see what turns up. Well nowt silver so two blank saving dogs liked the bait along with a small eyed (and I mean small eyed ) ? A13018C0-5FCB-488D-AC88-B1A551FE1298.jpegStill deciding what was heavier that little beauty or me bait ? was tempted to pop him in me flask as a pet but had a right attitude so back he went. After that the weed and wind won out so called it a day.
Saturday grabbed me bait and done all the tasks set before popping 10 min west to Cogden and walked halfway back. The beach was busy but the area I been fishing was quiet which was a result. Bites from the off with most being from the spotties with the odd dog and micro pout thrown in. 0A9094A2-AD99-4107-8744-F5CF0BFA01D3.jpeg32021C8D-37B0-4239-B48A-A69543965CA6.jpegThis little chap was first in and tried to confuse me l. 2CD3E8E7-5944-411C-AEA3-E2DBAECE9067.jpegThen followed a string of singles and doubles for the next couple of hours making 11 in total.
As the light faded it was hello double shots of dogs and triple shouts of tings and pout which weren’t worth a pic? had a triple got of ting, pout n soul so a busy Eve continued of full strings ended up with these fellas6F3ED6B0-70CB-48F9-8701-6283F0285001.jpegWas def a few out there but getting through everything else but happy with the result.I fished to a plan and not be tempted to sit it out in big baits and hooks for the night and enjoyed the fishing. The sole wanted a big ol bait of two or three worms or one snake. As a side note I forgot how much I like using my mag elites for this type of fishing no speed freaks etc but years of magging then and getting used to them made the eve as the leads flew and that reel singing.

Why did you take your sex toy with you when you were fishing..?

Some good fishing had there. Nice pics and write up , nice one ?

Well done mate. The effort is paying off nicely ??
Got a couple of sessions left monday n Tuesday was a few at abbo when I was walking along there earlier water cleared out a lot with some rafts of weed. Might give the far end a go monday and have a walk up past the teeth tuesday should be a decent current all session with the tides. If it flattens right off could be a soul session again.

Well done LIH! Great report & photos - well done on the Flatties! ????

Back