• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Penn Spinfisher LC 7500

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
There is a review of the above reel and it is quite positive.

I am thinking of getting one and was wondering if any member has got one and what they think of it?

There is a review of the above reel and it is quite positive.

I am thinking of getting one and was wondering if any member has got one and what they think of it?
what price is it, i got an old penn reel someone gave me and its great and i may need a replacement soon.

I've got a 4500 live liner, really happy with it.
I have heard a few people say they're hard to wind in, but I just put a slightly longer handle on mine in the end and love it (I did a thread asking about them a while ago and updated with the new handle).
It's my go to boat reel now, 300yds of 35lb braid with a 30lb mono leader, has handled Pollack up to about 12lb so far.
As I said, mine isn't the LC and is a few sizes smaller, but in general, I can't really fault the reel, it's performed well above what I've asked and expected of it.

I've got a 4500 live liner, really happy with it.
I have heard a few people say they're hard to wind in, but I just put a slightly longer handle on mine in the end and love it (I did a thread asking about them a while ago and updated with the new handle).
It's my go to boat reel now, 300yds of 35lb braid with a 30lb mono leader, has handled Pollack up to about 12lb so far.
As I said, mine isn't the LC and is a few sizes smaller, but in general, I can't really fault the reel, it's performed well above what I've asked and expected of it.
Thanks craig, yep read your thread on the reel/handle.

5 days to go, but currently £77.00?

5 days to go, but currently £77.00?

Surprisingly never thought of ebay.
Somebodies "few scratches" is another mans wreck.

Looks a bit rough for my liking, even at that price.

I didn't look at it that closely to be honest Thrash, I just thought I'd have a quick look to see what was about. It's definitely got a few scratches but if I was after one, I might consider it for the sake of saving nearly £100 on a new one. Depends how the auction goes.

I've never used a Penn,what are they like to use ? ??
I don't know about the Spinfisher, but I've got a Surfblaster II and I love it. Yea, it's a little heavy but it casts well and does what I ask of it.

That's a good point, it does look abit battered, I'd not thought of that as the pics make it look fairly clean at a glance.
I've also always been abit weary when people will only post, I like to collect things myself if possible so I can make sure it's as described before handing the money over.

Spinfisher 7500 Longcast

I use a pair on my AFAW GB FS PRO's, loaded with 25lb mono on both.

Good reels, not the lightest but will wind in several tons of weed at Hurst Shingle Bank without breaking a sweat :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't use them for plaice fishing though ?

Spinfisher 7500 Longcast

I use a pair on my AFAW GB FS PRO's, loaded with 25lb mono on both.

Good reels, not the lightest but will wind in several tons of weed at Hurst Shingle Bank without breaking a sweat :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't use them for plaice fishing though ?
Thanks battered, I was thinking of them as winter reels.

Ive tried a few penn reels what have cost me a lot of money but am sticking with these. The reason being ive always found Penn gear ratio,s to high for my liking which makes the reel with weight on very difficult to reel indaiwa 6000t.jpg

Last edited:
Ive tried a few penn reels what have cost me a lot of money but am sticking with these. The reason being ive always found Penn gear ratio,s to high for my liking which makes the reel with weight on very difficult to reel inView attachment 19094
They are nice reels and I have looked at them before when you have mentioned them but they are in another price bracket new and pricey second hand.

They are nice reels and I have looked at them before when you have mentioned them but they are in another price bracket new and pricey second hand.
There not cheap , ive four of them all bought second hand and i did have another one but my mate begged it off me. Ive had 2 of them ten years with no faults , they have a cult status even now in the carp brigade . They have a very low gear ratio which i like

Back