• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Photos Of Your Proudest Achivement

Mukiwa

Reaction score
Good morning guys,

I am sure, we all have had catches and moments that have stuck in our memories and have had the satisfaction of achiving certain goals.

The moments which I was so happy when I managed what I set out to do, and came back home with a huge grin on my face.

For me it was when I caught my first Undulate ray,( which I cant find a photo of) followed my a double figure bass, decent hounds and lovely mullet and mullet on a lure.
.IMG_1429.PNGIMG_1430.PNGIMG_9577.JPG64cm grey mulletNTTH4888.jpgIMG_0583.JPGimage.jpegShow us What have been your best moments and catches,

Cheers

Mukiwa

Last edited:
My other achievement is a treble shot of thornback rays off the beach. Me and a mate had a bet to see who would be the first to do it. I managed it on my second cast, using a rig I’d designed specifically for the task.

View attachment 126
Now I have seen everything, wow..... How , just how, lol and stinger on squid from your mate, that's huge wow. Well done mate thank you for sharing

Now I have seen everything, wow..... How , just how, lol and stinger on squid from your mate, that's huge wow. Well done mate thank you for sharing
The stinger bottomed out some 50lb scales and to catch the treble shot, I left the bite for over twenty minutes before reeling in. I had 39 rays that session and my mate had 35 I think. Gutted that I couldn’t get to 40, but they switched off and that was that.

One with My lad and my only double Skate , and one of a pair of cod caught at Dungeness Dec 2008 in a rough sea and with weight of weed.

Attachments

• Kens Cod.jpg
    Kens Cod.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Ray.jpg
    Ray.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 10
One with My lad and my only double Skate , and one of a pair of cod caught at Dungeness Dec 2008 in a rough sea and with weight of weed.
Wow that must have been a tough haul with weed, we done mate, big smiles with a lovely skate, awesome,

thank you for sharing

If truth is told I nearly didn't go because the weather was mixed, and the breakers on the beach were rolling down from the powerstation towards the 3 layer tower. Weed was building quickly and holding bottom was tough. Cast into the wind and tide , tried to keep line above breakers and when the rod bent and it started moving , I swore f'n weed. It was too heavy , drifting fast I worried about breaking off and losing the lot . As I pulled I timed it to beach on a wave, surf it in, then dropped the rod and ran like hell to pick it off the sand ... boy as the wave went back I gasped !, bricking it that the next breaker would take it for good. As I lifted it by the gill my arm ached , it was weighed later on the beach ( as I walked back I asked guys). A kid and his gramps loaned me their scales for the 13.5 lb weight. Wish I had better scales and weighed it without lying on the beach for ages. I know now that will not happen again on that beach for ages......if ever. Never forget the kid on the beach when he asked "if you want scales , did you catch one " ? I took the 5/6 lb out first he was in awe , then the larger one :).

If truth is told I nearly didn't go because the weather was mixed, and the breakers on the beach were rolling down from the powerstation towards the 3 layer tower. Weed was building quickly and holding bottom was tough. Cast into the wind and tide , tried to keep line above breakers and when the rod bent and it started moving , I swore f'n weed. It was too heavy , drifting fast I worried about breaking off and losing the lot . As I pulled I timed it to beach on a wave, surf it in, then dropped the rod and ran like hell to pick it off the sand ... boy as the wave went back I gasped !, bricking it that the next breaker would take it for good. As I lifted it by the gill my arm ached , it was weighed later on the beach ( as I walked back I asked guys). A kid and his gramps loaned me their scales for the 13.5 lb weight. Wish I had better scales and weighed it without lying on the beach for ages. I know now that will not happen again on that beach for ages......if ever. Never forget the kid on the beach when he asked "if you want scales , did you catch one " ? I took the 5/6 lb out first he was in awe , then the larger one :).
That is an amazing and inspiring story, the rush that you must have had, and battling the elements like you did, deserves huge great catch report, so well deserved. I hope you have another encounter like that again, memories that will never fade ,

thank you for sharing a wonderful memory mate

Back