• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Planning a come back!!

Kenny84

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hey everyone hope you’re all well and had a good years fishing.

I haven’t managed to get out since Christ in august which was a bit of a disappointment with the weather blowing an absolute Gale and weed as far as the eye could see!

I’m planning on getting out before Christmas and am wanting to target a Ray, I don’t mind what variety or flavour it is! I’m based in Pompey and don’t have much scope for traveling more than 20-30mins by car.

Any current advice welcome! Thanks in advance

Kenny

Hey everyone hope you’re all well and had a good years fishing.

I haven’t managed to get out since Christ in august which was a bit of a disappointment with the weather blowing an absolute Gale and weed as far as the eye could see!

I’m planning on getting out before Christmas and am wanting to target a Ray, I don’t mind what variety or flavour it is! I’m based in Pompey and don’t have much scope for traveling more than 20-30mins by car.

Any current advice welcome! Thanks in advance

Kenny
Boat or Beach Kenny?

😂I’d love chesil but it is a bit too far for me! I’d need special permission from my lovely wife !

I’ve not heard of anyone catching rays in the harbour or eastney, apparently there is a chance in gosport but I’m not sure where the best mark is for that is.

Just wondering if anyone has been anywhere recently that has a good chance of bagging one.

Beach mate
Likewise here mine is a comeback after being away for many many years …. I will be fishing mainly off of Hayling / Southsea / Eastney / Lee on Solent etc

Last edited:
You’re not the first to mention southbourne, I’m working in Southampton in the new year so I’ll hopefully get some time to head to the beach!

Back