• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Plastic Booms?

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I used to use these when fishing from the beach, one about 1ft (300mm) up from the weight and another around 3ft (1m) used to work ok back in the 70/80's with approx 6inch trace to hook, I see that fleabay is selling them. Any one have any views- good, bad indifferent etc.

Used them years ago and had my pb cod using them. I think they would be good for 1-3 hook flappers but not distance work etc

I used the shorter type and never had tangles.

Other line traces seem to tangle and twist that i have used.

Will look to get some soon.

Used them years ago and had my pb cod using them. I think they would be good for 1-3 hook flappers but not distance work etc
I only use them for 40 to 60 yds out, the ones I found in an old fishing box was about 3inches (75mm) long o/a. Will give them a try on one of my rods next time I am out.

I used the shorter type and never had tangles.

Other line traces seem to tangle and twist that i have used.

Will look to get some soon.
Look on fleabay, apparently new ones are on there.

So how come breaking strain isnt coming up with the listings for these? Similar idea to the donuts i use but cheaper.. Like it

So how come breaking strain isnt coming up with the listings for these? Similar idea to the donuts i use but cheaper.. Like it
Is that the ones without the holes? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

I used to use them,I stopped using them as I got fed up with getting tangled up
Traces too long causing tangles?

Back